cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 1301

Reset box & router numerous times, continues to display error code 1301 stating I'm outside UK, I live in Milton Keynes !!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

The only suggestion I can make is to reboot your router and NOW TV box. By turning off & on at the mains.  Which ISP do you use, I know there were a few issues with Plusnet showing up this error some time ago.

View solution in original post

76 REPLIES 76
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have the same problem. 1301 error on now TV box, ps4 app and on my mobile. Isp is see the light please help?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this. Are you still having this issue? Can you try rebooting your router for us and try again. Has this issue occurred before the weekend?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think I finally manager to get this problem sorted! Over 10 days of problems, no much help from you guys! Quite disappointing.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I think I finally manager to get this problem sorted! Over 10 days of problems, no much help from you guys! Quite disappointing.

So, in the end what was your problem? How did you sort it out?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital I'm pretty sure it's IP address locations again based on what I can see here. It's likely that ISP bought a range of IPs and one of the geolocation providers still sees it as overseas.

It's entirely possible for iPlayer and practically any other service to work normally whilst NOW TV doesn't, as we all use different geolocation providers. Similarly, NOW TV could work fine whilst a customer experiences issues on other services.

If there's anybody still experiencing this issue, please check your IP address on www.iplocation.net, and make sure that every one of the geolocation providers shown on screen has the address registered as in the UK. If it doesn't, you'll either need to try and get your ISP to give you another IP address, or wait for the geolocation provider to update. There's not anything we can do from this side to resolve it.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey guys. Problem was solved by turning my wifi box for 30 mins and it worked straight away!! Very happy now!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having issues with our new box, error code keeps showing and can't watch anything as saying I'm not in uk which I am
Have reset and tried everything, is there anything I can do?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User do you or anyone in your house watch foreign Netflix? If they do you'll need to undo any changes to your router. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No definitely not only UK Netflix.
I tried everything I can think of
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your message.

I'll raise your issue with our technical team.

Keep an eye out for any further updates.

Birgit

NOW TV Team