Not applicable

We need Netflix and Spotify

Is Netflix and Spotify going on now tv?

37 REPLIES 37
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Netflix is coming to the nowtv boxes and stick sometime this year.

Where the Spotify App via a premium subscription was on the nowtv boxes, but was removed about year and half to two years ago (don't know why it was removed, maybe it was a Spotify decision).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

is spotify available yet?  many thanks.Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not at the moment. It will properly happen when the now tv software is updated to 8.2. The Roku software is being updated to 8.2 to included the return of Spotify app. I think it’s meant to be completed by the end of the year. That’s the last I heard.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Not at the moment. It will properly happen when the now tv software is updated to 8.2. The Roku software is being updated to 8.2 to included the return of Spotify app. I think it’s meant to be completed by the end of the year. That’s the last I heard.

Spotify has been on Roku devices for a good couple of months or more now. As for Roku software, they have long since passed version 8.2 with them being updated in the past fortnight or so to version 9.0.0

NowTV devices are miles behind Rokus both in terms of software and the number of channels (or as you call them 'apps') offered.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my now tv box is run by Roku, or so it says when I switch it on. so will it be on there do you think? thanks for any info.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

my now tv box is run by Roku, or so it says when I switch it on. so will it be on there do you think? thanks for any info.

Yes, NowTV boxes are 'powered' by Roku BUT they are severely restricted by Sky who won't allow you full access to all the thousands of channels (apps) available via 'proper' Roku devices.

My advice to anyone serious about getting unfettered access to everything the Roku Store contains is to ditch NowTV devices and go for a Roku. That way you won't be waiting for Sky to decide whether to allow you access to certain channels, in this case Spotify.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea if Spotify is coming to NowTV even though Sky Q customers have had it for months now. Again, if you want to access Spotify now via a box/stick then simply swap out your NowTV device and go for a Roku.

There's still time to treat yourself to a Christmas pressie Smiley Very Happy

For those who prefer to stick with their current device I hope 2019 can bring you better news re Spotify, especially as it works so well on the Roku platform, and as such I see no reason why it can't be tagged onto the NowTV platform.

Until then, Merry Christmas everyone on the thread, and to everyone across the NowTV boards.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

oh well dont sound to good , looks like another investment is needed. Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, NowTV boxes are 'powered' by Roku BUT they are severely restricted by Sky who won't allow you full access to all the thousands of channels (apps) available via 'proper' Roku devices.

My advice to anyone serious about getting unfettered access to everything the Roku Store contains is to ditch NowTV devices and go for a Roku. That way you won't be waiting for Sky to decide whether to allow you access to certain channels, in this case Spotify.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea if Spotify is coming to NowTV even though Sky Q customers have had it for months now. Again, if you want to access Spotify now via a box/stick then simply swap out your NowTV device and go for a Roku.

For those who prefer to stick with their current device I hope 2019 can bring you better news re Spotify, especially as it works so well on the Roku platform, and as such I see no reason why it can't be tagged onto the NowTV platform.

Does Spotify work on Roku?  I switched to Deezer as it never worked for me.  And as a bonus I have 4 months free deezer with Pringles.

PS I don't see Spotify in the Channel Store on Roku

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Spotify was working on Roku when I last looked on Thursday evening.

Spotify is definitely in the Roku Store. Maybe you need to check for a software update? It came with Roku sw version 8 which has since been superseded by version 9.0.0

Spotify has been on there since 31st October. It is the 1st channel in the Music section of the Roku Store.