Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Remote Control

@Anonymous User

I believe it is an option button, if you see the star symbol on your TV screen press this button to give you extra options.

For example if you go to MY Apps you can delete, move apps around the screen etc etc.

Also if you are watching NowTV content it will give you some additional information on screen like what's on now & next etc etc.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

new purchase - remote useless! I WANT MY MONEY BACK

Plugged my box in and put batteries in the remote.  Tried using the remote to connect now tv box to wifi but the box seems to put scroll lock on whenever I press a button so I cannot scroll to and select a letter.  INFURIATING.  I spent 5 minutes just selecting the network, now I cannot even enter the network pin to connect the box, rending the whole box TOTALLY USELESS.  Please help.

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: new purchase - remote uselss!

@Anonymous User

Quick question, you are trying to setup the black NowTV box from initial setup by entering your WiFI network and your replacement remote controller doesn't work whatsoever.

When you press any of the remote controller keys does the white light on the front of the box flash every time you press a key (make sure that box IR receiver is in direct sight of the remote controller).

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for responding.  Black box initial set up.  This is the remote straight from the box, not a replacement.  The light on the box flashes when a button is pressed.  Half the time the box doesn't respond (even though light flashes), half the time it just scroll locks - eg I press right arrow and it scrolls all the way to the right and I CANNOT sleect the letter I want. 

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If the white flashes on the box every time you press the remote key that would suggest to me that the remote controller is fine.

The NowTV IR receiver on the black box IMO has a poor IR field of view compared to the older white box.

You could try this two suggestions.

Try not holding down the arrow keys on the remote continually, see if pressing the key slowly by a single click each time moves the cursor around your screen.

The IR receiver is located at the right hand corner of the box, just to experiment move the box at a 45 degree angle so the the IR receiver is pointing in a straight line of sight with where you are using the remote from.

If the experiment doesn't work, just in case try a factory reset on the box by pressing a pin in the reset hole on the back of the box for 30 secs.

Should you still have no joy, then it could be a possibility that you have a faulty box which needs replacing.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now tried plugging in an ethernet cable temporarily instead.  Can't even connect to a wired network because the follwing happens:

Language selection: [ENGLISH] is highlighted.  I press "OK".  After 3 second wait the screen changes.

[Let's get started] is highlighted.  I press "OK" (IR light flashes).  After 10 second wait, I give up and hit "OK" again.  2 seconds later the screen changes.

Connect to the internet: [Wireless (Wi-Fi)] is highlighted.  I hit [down arrow].  The menu just continually scrolls from Wired to Wireless options and never stops!!!

WTF is going on??  This is the worst piece of tech I have ever wasted my money on!

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps thanks again.  I am already at a 45 deg angle to the right of the box.  Not working.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Try not holding down the arrow keys on the remote continually, see if pressing the key slowly by a single click each time moves the cursor around your screen

I know you have to check everything, but feeling pretty insulted right now.  I am not holding the buttons.  I am not trying to scroll.  I am trying to move the damn cursor one place at a time and it will not.  No matter what I try. 

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If it was me, if you have done another hard factory reset on the box has mentioned in my above post then i would take the box back to the retailer where you purchased the box from and ask you a replacement (assuming the box is less than a year old).

One question the NowTV box is on view and clear sight of your remote controller, the reason i ask somebody else on here hid their box behind their soundbar and didn't realize that the NowTV box worked by infra red (they thought the remote was either Bluetooth or WiFi operated).

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry if you think that i am insulting you, just trying to cover all bases.

BTW - I am a NowTV customer like you trying to offer some advice and don't work for NowTV in any way.

Personally i would just get a replacement box and be done with it.

Good Luck (over and out).

0 Thanks