Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Champion 2

Re: New Now TV Black Box Freezes after 1 month and 3 days of use

@dr_necessitor @WaxedPerfection @4268 @Jamesgillett

Hi Gang

All is sweetness and light now, I am playing my music again and I feel GOOD, my pain and suffering has been washed away.

Hey dr, don't feel down coz' people don't say "thanks" when they use your advice, that's just the way people are.  Be happy, life is good and, you know, tomorrow's another day and who knows what that'll bring.

Anyway, now that everything's back to normal the only thing that's changed is I'm gonna get a new black box tomorrow, which is no longer a replacement but will be kept as a spare ( just in case) or given away as a Christmas present. 

Finally, I wonder if they (Now TV) will ever tell us what they did to brick our all boxes?

Brick Wall (Smiley).jpg

UK Bob

cptrascal
Advocate

Re: NOW TV Box not currently working

I went for the basic broadband. I knew it wouldn't be great, but Iv'e tested it with various utilities and im only getting a speed of about 3meg. Even though the description says upto 17meg, I still feel I have been massively short changed. I have received a new box now (thanks very much) but there is no change to the issue i am  having. I have to turn the box off at the plug and leave it before turning it on again. Only after I do this will it turn on. The remote will not bring the box to life as it states in the instructions. I refuse to believe everyone has this problem, but the online service department is useless.

0 Thanks
Chris0071
Advocate

Re: Now TV Box frozen on Home Page. Website Device Management not loading

Ours is back up and running
0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Champion 2

@cptrascal

Hi C

I'm sure you know the "Up to" doesn't mean you will get it's purely a theoretical maximum, it's a (legal) trick telecom companies have being playing on us as consumers for years.

The speed, both uploading and downloading, depends on the quality of the line, whether copper (which a lot of areas still have) or fibre and your distance from your local telecom exchange, i.e. the further away you are the slower the speed.

Finally, if your box is faulty and still within the guarantee period then change it, there is no point in holding onto it if it doesn't work.

UK Bob

caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

@cptrascal Hello 🙂

Have you had the combo for more than 10 days?

For the first 10 days, the speed tends to be up and down.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Kujo
Mentor

Just got back home and NowTV is back and working 🙂

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Champion 2

Well Guys

The debris from the neutron bomb has been cleared up and apart for some unlucky individuals, and their families, most of us should be back up and running, with very little fallout (except I'm getting a new black box).

Personally, I would like to know what set this bomb off.

Neutron Bomb.jpg

UK Bob

0 Thanks
DAZUK74
Mentor

Re: Now tv box frozen

My box is working again now. As I complained about the speed Sky normally takes to fix things I would like to say thank you for the speedy fix.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
ukbobboy
Champion 2

Bricked Again - Black Now TV Box

Dear Forum Members

As I write this post, at 5.26 am, my Now TV back box is totally BRICKED, and it's worse than the bricking it got on 18th/19th November, i.e. nothing but a splurge (an ink like blot) on the home screen.

The last time I used my black box was between 12 noon and 2pm yesterday, Wednesday 15th November, and it worked perfectly as expected but when I tried it at 4 am today I found that it was bricked and displaying the home screen as described above.

At the moment, it looks like Now TV has either released another unapproved/untested update, someone has deliberately done something to sabotage Now TV's computers or my black box has suddenly gone wrong, and before I take any action, i.e. performing a hard reset, I'll wait until I see if other forum members are similarly afflicted or if it's just me.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Bricked Again - Black Now TV Box

@ukbobboy

No problems with any of my boxes, including black box. Is it the grey cloud you are seeing on screen? If so that's a box that has frozen for some reason (the recent 'outages' tended to display endless restart loops). Pulling the power for 30 seconds should be fine, but you know the drill by now! (Bent paperclip handy in case!)