Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Low Audio Volume & Muffled Speech on Movies

Hi @k1paea

Sorry to hear about this.

Can you let me know if this happens across all of the movies you try to view ?

Also what device are you using ?

Thanks

Andy

Alexandra2
Advocate

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I wouldn't mind betting that its the film's audio that is poor

I watched Interstellar at the cinema when it was released and they had it turned up so loud that when the music and louder sections played, it actually damaged my hearing. I now have permanent tinnitus in my left ear.

I had a decibel meter on my phone and it was regularly hitting 110db.

We complained to the Council, who instructed Dobly to inspect the equipment, who said it was calibrated correctly and the film was being played as the director had intended!

0 Thanks
Fisaffie1
Scholar

I've also noticed low/poor volume on about 50% of the movies I've tried to watch.  Each time I have to abandon the movie to try and find one with better,audible sound.  If this continues, I'm going to cancel my subscription.

I watch on my laptop and could do with subtitles. Netflix and Amazon both have subtitles as well as good volume.

SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@Fisaffie1 wrote:

I've also noticed low/poor volume on about 50% of the movies I've tried to watch. 

Hi @Fisaffie1,

Personally speaking I can't say I've had such audio issues when my NOW TV 'black' box is directly connected to my TV. Please confirm your playback device?

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Dirk-Diggler
Advocate

Hi, 

I have the same issue when I watch movies on Now Tv.

Any other streaming is fine but for some reason the volume on Now Tv is very low. For example I usually watch my tv on sound level 10 to 14 . On Now Tv I turn it up to max 100 and still not loud enough. 

This is across all devices eg,

LG smart tv

Apple Tv

Mac Mini

Toshiba laptop (windows 10)

PS3

It is sometimes just the speech but generally both speaking and music. 

My tv speakers are fine with everything but Now Tv 😞.

0 Thanks
Andy007
Advocate

I have this problem too, but not every film. It's happened on Last Witness and Red Sparrow. Can Now TV explain this?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Bennwaa
Observer

I also have these issues with both the Now TV box and the laptop. All other streaming services are fine. Just find the speech is muffled on Now TV. Have fiddled around with audio settings but no joy

0 Thanks
GaryL
Expert 2

Don’t have any issues personally.

0 Thanks