cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Error code 013, can't connect to local network

Hi i am trying to set up my parents black now tv box and it is not picking up wifi (virgin) or ethernet just keeps saying error 013? I have disabled pings and rebooted both now box and internet box and moved them close together yet it is still not connecting? When installing my own now box once i had done these things it worked right away but it is not doing so for my parents? Help asap please  

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi i have been trying to connect my parents black now tv box but it isnt picking up the wifi (virgin) or ethernet. I have disabled pings, moved box closer to internet box and also rebooted both boxs yet still not connecting and displaying error 013? It worked fine when connecting my own box in my house just up the road but nothing happening for my parents? Please help asap  

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Melaniej2008

Welcome to the forum.

Error 013 is usually when you are trying to connect to Ethernet - which would you prefer to do, connect via wifi or Ethernet?

As long as you are able to see the wifi network (ie you get as far as entering the wifi name and password) or Ethernet connection (solid green light on Ethernet port at back of box when connected) then often than not the disable pings does the trick, so when the error message appears just follow the steps above to double-check you disabled them correctly, then click back and try connecting again. If that doesn't work post back and someone can help further.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi thanks for getting back to me.
I'm trying to connect either way but both only going past the first green tick. Then when it comes to your local network it gives a red cross then shows error013?

Pings are disabled and like I said iv rebooted both boxes. Iv brought my own now box down to my parents house and that is working fine?? Could it be a fault with the box itself?

##- Please type your reply above this line -

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone
0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

@Melaniej2008

Hi, 

Could you please let us know the Internet provider at your end? If there is any possibility of you having a 3g/ 4g connection, please let us know and we can try using mobile hotspot option.

Thanks.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

NOW TV,

not much the now, but mess about for over a hour, first golden goal, purchased NOW TV box with 4 months cinema pass, got the box with the code, signed up, code that comes with the box, not recoginsed, first alarm bell, ok, gave my debt card detials, ok lets move on, plug the box in and Search wifi connections, hey ho, there is mine, use my password, off it goes, comes to local network, and a big red cross, hmmm, then I try with a ethernet cable connection, same thing, not looking good , something is very seriously wrong here, at the minute feel proper ripped off, oh and I've seen on this forum, asking about ISP, mine is virgin media 200 MBS, so what is going on, how in goes earth do i get this thing to connect with my wifi?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JBLACKER1

Oh dear sounds like you're having fun!  Your best bet is to try disabling network pings.  You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

Hope this helps

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi I have the same problem and gave tried the home x 5 etc etc but nothing happens.  I was wondering what screen I should be on before I start pressing the buttons.

Thanks

Sonia 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@soniaz

Welcome to the forum.

It doesn't really matter, but do it when you get the error message appearing on screen.

The trick is to press the buttons on the remote as quickly as you can

HOME button 5 times then
FF then PLAY then REW then PLAY then FF

Ignore the sounds and movements on the screen as they can be distracting (different menus and selections will appear on the screen while you press the remote keys) just concentrate on pressing the keys on the remote in the right order as quickly as you can. After a moment you will see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen (if it doesn't appear after a moment or two, try again)

Then follow the steps above.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @JBLACKER1

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I believe you've since been in touch with us via live chat.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to get back in touch 🙂

Thanks

Rob
NOW TV Team

0 Thanks