cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 013, can't connect to local network

We loved our first Now TV box so we bought another one for the bedroom and I now have my own Now TV account.

The first (black) box is working fine downstairs but the other one will not connect to our network despite having an Ethernet cable plugged in, we receive an error code 013.

The box acknowledges the Ethernet cable being plugged in but fails to connect to our local network.  When I tried to connect via WiFi we receive an error code 014 and a similar reason i.e: can't connect to local network.

Is this an issue because we have two Now TV boxes in the same property?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided.  We've tried a hard and soft reset of the box to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you should be fine with two boxes, have you tried disabling pings on the box? 

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? 

Have you tried resetting the NOW TV Box via the reset button on the back? 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI Karl

Thanks for you interest in my problem.

OK, I tried the reset button.

Not quite sure if that did the trick, or I was being a bit of a numnty.

I was expecting to press down on the remote to navigate, but it appears I had to press up.

Navigated to the ping option and jobs a good one. 

Thanks

Quality service, 

Can't wait to get the 3D channels!

Daz

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brilliant news @Anonymous User.

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to get back in touch. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just bought two black NOW tv boxes, to replace the white boxes. I have been trying to connect them for the last three nights.  It connects to the wireless network but not to the local network.  Tried all the solutions on here, but nothing is working.  I have also deleted the white boxes to make room for the black boxes which will not connect.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can you tell us if you get an error message when you try this. If you see the 014 error message and you've tried the steps here you might want to try changing your routers wireless channel, if you're not sure how to do this google will provide the answer.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now got connected only to find out that I cannot use the tv for now tv, not until Jan 1st, which is useless.  What we did was replace our 4 white boxes with new black boxes to watch over Christmas.  I only am allowed one box in a bedroom that works.  This is really a terrible service for Christmas, a big disappointmentSmiley SadSmiley Sad

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you take a trip over to 'live chat' and explain what you want to do, they might reset your device slots Smiley Wink

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

Just to let you know, I have sent you an email in regards to your post. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was having the same problem (though with wireless too) and that sorted the wired connection out straight away. Thanks artesea
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much! I got in so much of a flap and this helped me so much!!!