cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Delete History

Hi all, here's the thing, My wife went away on holiday with two friends during the first two episodes of Game of Thrones, leaving me with strict instructions not to watch them until she got back, on pain of death. I couldnt resist it (who among us who've watched the previous 7 seasons could?).

So when she gets back and we settle down to watch them together, my NowTV box will give tell tale signs that I've already watched them - I'll be "in the dog house" if she notices. My wife's not very "techy", but still she might notice - the red progress lines etc...

Is there no way you can delete/reset the history  so that things you've watched appear as unwatched ?

9 REPLIES 9
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Dave

Not sure about the deleting history bit but there is another way around your prob, before your and your misses start your GoT session start the episode and wait until you get past the Sky Intro and the intro begins then press the pause button on your remote.

That way the misses will appreciate that you've queued up the episode ready for both of you to start watching.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I think you are screwed and you will have to face the music and accept what punishment your Wife Dishes out 😀.

If it's any consolation i would have done the same thing myself 😆.

Unfortunately there is no way that i am aware of deleting the orange progress bar on an episode you have watched (factory resetting devices will not work, because your viewing is account linked).

You could try experimenting by opening up and playing the first 30 secs or so again on each of episodes 1  and 2 of Season 8 so the orange progress bar is at it's minimum progression (where hopefully your wife doesn't notice that you watched them) then after jump to the last episode of Season 7 and fast forward towards the end credits and let it play out so hopefully Season 8 episode 1 will be on your My TV Continue Watching list ready to watch when your Wife returns home.

Or going to the extreme and start a new account hoping the Wife doesn't realise that you have created a new account (don't forget to cancel all passes on your existing account).

Perhaps get her drunk (if she likes a drink) before suggesting to watch GOT S8, then maybe she will not notice you have been naughty and didn't obey her command 😆.

If it was me i would just take the punishment on the chin 😅.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I just hope you gave her strict instructions not to look at this forum while she is away Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Guys!  I'll try the things you've suggested, although on balance, I'm wondering if the best option is just to move out...... (-:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really are you serious, grow a set and tell her you watched it. Man up

RoyB
Legend

Too late.... her case comes up at the Old Bailey in February...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Yeah Bunny Hop

That pair you encouraged Dave to grow now resides in his wife's hand bag.

POOR Pairless Dave.

Crying Emoji 2.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Goodness, I didn’t expect advice about this nearly a year on ! How did you even find this thread?

Anyway, in the event I did do what you suggest; stop being such a wimp, Dave – just tell her!

When I returned from Hospital, I found that she had changed the locks. I’m now living in a 12 X12 bedsit and I haven't seen my children since either – Indeed I don’t see anyone from one day to the next. Still. I can now watch whatever I want without worries! and I guess there are some people in this world with lives more empty than mine, so it’s not all bad.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Dave

Really sorry to hear that things have taken a turn for the worst, I hope that you will soon get straighten out and back on track.

It's unfortunate but sometimes fellow forum members, myself included, forget that out there in the world there's real life happening to real people. 

Hope things get better.

UK Bob