cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Continue Watching

Hi everyone

How is the 'continue watching' supposed to work? For example does it remove a series/film if you haven't selected it in a certain amount of time? I ask as this addition doesn't seem to work very well i.e. I go into my account and it has say 4 progs to watch (all different series) under the continue watching section. I can watch one of the progs and go back into the section to select a different series and it has removed 2 or more series - so it's there one minute and gone the next! (I do hope this makes sense). It is not working in a Netflix kind of a way and seems to remove things from the list at will.

So my basic question is should series that I am watching stay in the continue watching indefinitely (box sets) and if the series is on catch up the most recent should show up in there a day after broadcast?

If yes then it doesn't seem to work for me at all well. I have a Now black box, wireless connection. Ideally I would like recently watched back (in addition to continue watching as this is so unreliable)

Anyone else finding it a bit useless? Other than this I do like Now Tv and am generally really happy with it!

65 REPLIES 65
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi ah apologies for my 'backend' talk, I'm far too polite to make jokes about any forum user's 'backend' I actually meant the NOW TV backend, ie it could be something related to how your account is accessing the service, which is out of your control. But I'm only guessing. If it was me (given I have the patience of a two year old) I'd have given up long ago and just bypassed the CW system completely!

PS Shall we assume CW stands for Continuous Wind-up ??

PPS don't abandon us completely for that Netflix down the road, yes they have full congregations every week, jolly choirs and a charismatic pastor in charge, but here at the Church of NOW I've just bought a packet of Tesco Everyday Value chocolate biscuits to keep the regulars happy!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oooh.... @Andy

Don't mention that other lot!... You'll be singing the praises of the Reverend Clarkson next! Smiley Wink  I think that's a very cheap trick of his to send burnt bacon butties to "Continental Europe" by drone.  Well, I think that's what he said...Something or other about "Ham's on fire"

I'll get me coat. Smiley Embarassed

P.S. Don't give up @Lindzi ...just "Carry on Regardless" Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Thank goodness you didn't say 'Carry on Up the Khyber', we've had enough of that sort of talk around here! 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy  "Carry on Behind" sprang to mind....But I thought better of it. Smiley Wink

One last thing from me on all things derriere (Honestly, we're like a couple of Schoolboys, aren't we?).....I live in the north of England and a couple of miles away from me, just outside Hebden Bridge, is a tiny village called "Slack Top"...A little further down the hill towards Heptonstall is another tiny village......Yes, you've guessed it, it's called "Slack Bottom".

You might not believe me but it's true.....To be honest, you couldn't make it up! Smiley Very Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Ooo Matron!!

image.jpeg

Lindzi
Elite 2

Ha ha don't apologise @Andy I knew what you meant. No I won't abandon ship to netflix full time but their step up is seemless, and always works, but content is lacking in my opinion . NowTV content is much better but the tech behind it lets it down for me somewhat....if they sorted CW and the sound quality I would be a full time member of the congregation and preaching it's greatness on a soap box in town!
Lindzi
Elite 2

May be worth a try @Anonymous User thank you for the suggestion. All ideas are very gratefully received!

I will that and maybe a factory reset if neither work then I'll just work around it for now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi Did you ever fix the issue of your box showing the spinning balls when trying to watch one episode after the other? I've got it and it's driving me mad!!
Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to say, unfortunately not. Not sure if it's mentioned in this thread (we have a tendency to go off on a tangent sometimes and I have complained about this A LOT) but it seems that most of us experiencing this issue has Virgin BB with an older hub. I keep meaning to call them and ask for a new hub but just haven't got round to it. I have no idea if this is just coincidence but another forum member said it worked after updating to the super hub 3.

It does drive you mad doesn't it! All my other streaming services work perfectly in this respect so I just don't understand why NowTV has this issue.

NowTV have been made aware but they have never come back to us about it or given an explanation, but I expect that we are in the minority, so not enough folks complaining
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

Have you tried via Ethernet connection as well as wifi? I haven't tried Ethernet as router in another room but someone suggested that it is worth a try