cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

samung tv and device madness

Hi all, I spent the best part of an hour this morning trying to add my Samsung smart tv to my other tv. I have a newer samsung tv which I have the old style nowtv box on, and purchased a nowtv stick so I could add it as an device on my older Samsung tv in the sitting room, to save me moving the box from room to room.

I wasn't able to resolve it this morning and I now am worried that my tv in the sitting room is too old, its model number is LE40C65OL1K, is this the reason I can't add it to my account?

If this is the case, can I install it on my laptop and use a HDMI cable to watch it on my older Samsung tv?

Any help would be really appreciated 🙂

22 REPLIES 22
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If i have understood you correctly you have two Samsung TV's where you want to watch nowtv on both televisions.

A new Smart Samsung TV and an older Samsung TV model LE40C65OL1K, together with a nowtv smart stick and an older nowtv box .

If that's the case it should work by connecting say the stick to the newer Samsung TV and maybe use the older nowtv box on the older Samsung TV model LE40C65OL1K or vice versa.

Out of curisoity what is the model number of the new Samsung TV and have you checked in the TV's App store if it has the NowTV inbuilt App provided to save you using either the nowtv stick or nowtv box with it ?

Are you encountering any error or on screen messages when attempting to use the nowtv stick and box ?

If you are seeing on the Televisions a message that you have reached the maximum device limit, then go to My Account (person symbol if using a mobile) and select "Devices" where you may have a device swap left this calendar month.

Should i have misread your post or you can provide more information then i will try to help if i can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

My newer Samsung is model number UE32F5000AK.

I will swop the old box and the stick around, keep it all crossed for me

Daisy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at the two Samsung model numbers you have quoted, i would have thought both the stick and nowtv box would work and play on both TV's.

Once you have swapped the devices over on the two TV's let us know how you get on.

If nothing is working post back with more information on how far you got with the setup and if you are seeing any error codes or messages on screen.

If both the stick and nowtv box are not working, please confirm if you got past the WiFi setup connecting to your Home router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Everything works OK on the older Samsung, am just updating app info on the
newer one, will keep you posted
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

Swapped the box and the stick around, just updating the Apps on the stick with the newer tv, what do I need to do to link devices to my account, or should it just happen?

ta

Daisy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Once the Apps fully update, then try watching some nowtv content with your nowtv pass (assuming you have a nowtv pass)

Then once you start watching something on the NowTV App, the device should automatically register to your account.

If you encounter a message saying maximum device limit reached, post back and i will give you a link to live chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi

The apps are all updated, and I have tried to watch somethig on the newer tv with the stick, I get the message that I need to start a 7 day free trial, how do I link the new tv to my current Nowtv account?

Daisy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On the older nowtv box have you got any nowtv passes that are active ?

If so, double check you are using the same nowtv email address / username and password on the older box has the new nowtv stick.

When you open up the NowTV App on both the box and stick you should see on the Left Hand Side of your TV screen a My Account section where it should show your login email account name for that device.

Make sure that the stick account login details is the same has the older nowtv box.

Also when you bought the nowtv stick was it bundled with a free nowtv voucher pass or was it just the standalone stick you purchased ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

By active passes , I still pay a monthly direct debit for the entertainment pass and cinema pass.

Email address is the same for both tv's if you get what I mean.

It was just a standalone stick that I purchased.

thank you so much for all your help

Daisy