cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick not finding my wifi

My stick was working fine off my house WiFi, then all of a sudden it has stopped finding it. It finds the neighbours but not mine which is about six foot away. I have restarted the router and stick, I have also reset the stick by pressing the button on it. Basically whatever I do it cannot find my wifi. Can anyone help please

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try a full factory reset by holding the reset button on the Stick for 15 seconds whilst powered on.

Then setup the Stick again from scratch using your existing account details.

If it still can't find your SSID network name then try the power from the Stick using the supplied power adapter if you are using USB for power on your television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. When I do the factory reset it only asks for a language then cannot find the network. As regards the power, I have only been using the power cable that was supplied with the stick.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you mean mains adapter rather than cable.

When selecting the language on the Stick can you try fresh batteries on the remote and move the remote closer to the Stick.

Would you also have another television in the home to see if the Stick can be setup on.

Only other things i can think of is to factory reset your Router and play around with the position of the Router in the vicinity it is located.

Also maybe change the wifi channel number on your Router.