cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

General Help

I have virgin tv in 2 bedrooms and its getting expensive.  These 2 rooms really only need Netflix and some tv channels.  If I buy 2 Now TV sticks would this work in each room form Netflix and tv channels on Entertainment package?  

I already have 1 now tv box in my bedroom and was told I could share this with other devices but how does that work?

thanks for any advice

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem getting a further two NowTV sticks that you can use on both your NowTV and Netflix accounts.

With a single NowTV account you can have a maximum of six registered devices and two streams at the same time.

When you setup the new NowTV sticks, just use the same account details that you have used on your existing NowTV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
With 2 new sticks or boxes i just sign in with current login details.  Do I then need to pay for Entertainment packages for these 2 or can I use my current package on new devices?

thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just sign into the new sticks or boxes with your existing nowtv account and you will be able to use your current NowTV entertainment pass with these new devices has well.

No need to buy any extra NowTV entertainment passes.

Just remember you can only have two streams at the same time when watching with your entertainment pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your help

Liz

RoyB
Legend

Which TV channels will you want? While you can get the Sky ones live on NowTV, you can only get the live ‘terrestrial’ channels that are covered by the Players on the Sticks.

So for BBC channels, you would start the BBC iPlayer, for ITV channels the ITV player, and so on. But while you can watch Channel 4 programmes on the All4 Player, these are only on catchup, not live.

Within these limitations you will be fine; but you might want to investigate if, besides the NowTV Sticks, you can use a terrestrial TV aerial, and so get all the Freeview channels that your local transmitter, wherever it is, provides.

But if the Players will be enough, it’s worth knowing that you can run all three at once on Players, if you wish; the ‘two’ limit only applies to the actual NowTV App on the Sticks.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.