cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NOWTV-Team
Community Manager
Community Manager

⚠️ RESOLVED - "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable" on your stick or Box?

Update - 23/09

A patch has now been released that should fix this issue. You may need to update your device, to do this:

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK to update your device.

If you still see the issue after updating please let us know by replying here.

We're aware of some sticks showing "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable when trying to watch content. We're working hard to fix this issue and will update customers when we have a resolution. 

Meanwhile, as a possible workaround to this problem - pressing the back (arrow) button on your NOW TV remote should dismiss the the message and allow you to continue 

Thanks

NOW TV Team

96 Replies
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hasn't worked for me.  Done it twice.  Updates, loads Nov TV logo, says its going to home screen, then displays same old error message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try this:

1) On the NowTV doofa press sky store button located on the bottom right.

2) Then press the NowTV home button on the doofa, it's located on the top right underneath the power button.

Hope this helps rid your TV of this annoying little gremlin.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazing! That worked for me after trying lots of other suggestions. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am pleased that this worked for you too. That's what this user community is all about !
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pressing “Sky Store” then “Home” did it for me. Thank You

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worked for my  me.  Thank You

Mouseymousey
Advocate

Hasn't worked for me either but when I do the software update it stays on the same build number 9.2.3.5136 with a build date of 20200427 so I suspect I'm not installing the latest update. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried everything suggested, nothing works, only want f1, too late now, cancellation next.

allicat
Advocate

Currently on version  569.23E05136A build date 20200427 09:09. Updated software doing the above process (home x5 etc) and still on same version. At 15.00 the stick displayed the original error.

Have you actually released the software to the public? 

Fatcat61
Advocate

Hi. I've had Now TV for just 3 days and am now told by my screen that it's currently unavailable. I don't have a Now TV stick/remote as I have a smart TV and get Now TV through the app on the television itself.

Any thoughts? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing fixes this issue that I can find. I am about to cancel my subscription 

never seen anything so absolutely useless. 
Have spent 30 years in the IT industry. Your product has not been tested

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here.  I had the old white NOWTV box for years which worked perfectly. Since that was discontinued am using the stick.  It took days of trying to get it set up and I managed to watch TV once for a few minutes although it kept cutting out.  Since then all I get is this warning. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed - I had two of the white boxes and they worked well, although they had got quite slow, so I invested in two new NOW TV sticks and a black box. These all worked well, without any error messages until sometime earlier this year, when the same error message appeared on them all.

These NOW TV devices are connected via WiFi to two separate routers, on two different broadband systems, in separate houses. The ONLY thing that is common to them all is that they are all updated in the background by NOW TV. I think it is likely that a software update was released in the background, that has broken the system. End users have no control over this process and cannot roll back to a previous version of the firmware, which worked properly.

As another user stated - it appears whatever caused this problem for so many of us was not tested properly before it was released. Errors and bugs can happen to any service - but for them to affect so many users and to be allowed to continue for months is totally unacceptable. Very poor customer service by NOW TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same issue for me

Mouseymousey
Advocate

Any news on this?

allicat
Advocate

I had been experiencing now tv sports dropping out on the hour, half  hour, and on change of program with the above message. I tried updating the software as explained above on numerous occasions but I still got the error. I saw someone comment on another question about updating the now tv stick from the menu on the screen. I went throught the options and settings on the now tv stick and updated the software that way. I managed to watch the pre-show, grand prix and the after-show without any interruption.

I can't promise it will solve the problem - but might be worth giving it a go.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

My now tv stick started showing this message about a week ago. I have attempted all the suggestions and workarounds mentioned but I’m still seeing this message and have been unable to access now tv in a week. 

I can access other apps like Netflix, bbc iPlayer and YouTube. 

Nothing I’ve tried works, please help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This isn't resolved, it doesn't work for me or the numerous other people on the various threads here. It's particularly galling that I've had to replace two of the old white Now TV boxes which worked fine until the beginning of October with the sticks at my own cost. I can't even watch Now TV on them and I'm still paying for the passes.

How this ever went live for customers is beyond me. It's terrible IT service management and delivery and terrible customer experience. Really poor. Sort it out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there.

I have already had help from yourselves with factory resets to the point it didnt work and you then send a new remote out.

I got it to work last night now I have the sorry now tv currently unavailable and I did exactly what was said on the advice and it's not working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried everything nothing works, only want f1 too late now, cancelling next