cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where is CBBC?

Purchased this to replace my old, super slow WD TV Live.

New kit, new setup, I70+ Channels scanned but.... no CBBC. A deal breaker in our house! Many other freeview channels are missing too so I plugged the arial back into my TV and behold, all the freeview channels are available? Hmm. I rescanned the freeview channels on my TV (just to clear the memory of what was previously found). 170+ channels were discovered and all the channels are available - including CBBC. Plug the arial back into the NOW TV smart box and rescanned. 170+ discovered (apparently) but still loads missing! Even though it was JUST installed from new, I went through the factory reset on the Now TV Smart Box and...sorry kids, no CBBC, no pop no no no.

One day old and already my kids have dismissed it as rubbish and want the WD back.

Do I need an arial signal booster? Maybe the tuner of my 10 year old telly just knocks the socks off the NOW tv tech...

Am I missing something....or should I just get a refund?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

the freeview built into smart box is really poor and well avoided i returned mine got refund such a failure that box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
the freeview built into smart box is really poor and well avoided i returned mine got refund such a failure that box

@Anonymous User

I have to say that is not my finding at all.  I have two smart boxes in two different rooms of the house and I get every Freeview channel that is available in my area, including the HD channels. Reception quality is excellent.  I do have a decent outdoor aerial, which always helps.

My only complaint is that I can't record the programmes when they are received through the Smart Box.

Wlat

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if it doesn't pick up via scan. You should be able to get CBBC on the iPlayer app.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Powered off (Pulled power lead) and all the channels returned when I re-powered. 

Sadly, I've had to do this twice now in a week.

?