cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box tv screen shakey

Hi all, just bought a smart box and registered. Set up went well and all seems working, except the picture on my TV ''shaking'' up and down slightly. Anyone !!!!!!

181 REPLIES 181
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same issue a Sony KDL26 Bravia runing in 720. The lower half of the screen is cycling on TV and menus. The previous two generations of NowTV boxes (the small ones) work well with this TV.

I bought the box last week and have been in-touch with your support team who so far have only suggested resetting the box which I performed to no avail.

Please could you confirm if this is a hardware / firmware issue that can be resolved or should the box be returned / replaced ?

Many Thanks...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post, this is the first reports we have had of this issue on anything other than the Samsung TV's that have been mentioned earlier on in the thread.

Can you upload a small video of the issue just so we can compare it if possible ?

Edit - Would it be possible to provide the serial number of your NOW TV Smart Box and I will get the fix we have sent down to see if it resolves the issue for you.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy-S I've uploaded a video. 

https://youtu.be/7tpcqaWzvng

It happens when on a free view channel or now TV channel. Flickers on any of the menus.

Regards,

David

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I have had both old white and black boxes with black box on 1080. Purchased new smart box and same jumpy display ascreen others on thread. Can patch be sent down to SN: YX003K601489. Current swimming v7.0 build 4207
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi, could you please help us with the TV's make and model number? Is it a Samsung smart TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Its a Sony LCD KDL-32W4000 serial: 0009105668

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh my box was fine for the three minutes of plugging in untill the software got updated and introduced the Samsung Shake.
How do I get back to a stable system.
I have a small now tv box that's fine .
It's just on my Samsung I get picture shake.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Now box
model#4500SK-UK
with S/No 568867G051086 ??
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

This is a 'known issue' with some models of Samsung television. Indeed there's a dedicated topic about it, which can be found here: Smart box tv screen shakey.

Please visit the linked topic and add your TV's model and serial number....

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Model LE40M86BDX/XBU
The little box version I have works so.will pop the bigger smart box on the upstairs tv .
I have a PVR so its not missing out on freeview on the main tv