cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pixelated images

For the last few months I've been getting poor quality tv through my nowTV box. I've got a smart TV, super fast Virgin broadband and when I watch anything else (including Amazon) I get a perfect picture. I've read your previous suggestions of switching off my modem. That works but I don't want to go through that every time I watch TV. Besides, I have a smart home. Turning off my modem each time affects lightbulbs etc and means I have to reset appliances. Plus it annoys everyone else in my family who are using the internet. I think it's an unreasonable solution. Is there another solution or are my options just to continue watching something that looks like it was taped on an 80s VHS, or should I cancel my account because your technology is outdated?
6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What content are you viewing?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm watching House of Lies- the box set
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The picture quality is the same on everything I watch, it occasionally improves for 30 seconds, but then returns to being pixelated
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm a Virgin cable customer too @Anonymous User...

Every now and again my Virgin router throws a wobbler and I have to re-boot it but on the whole it streams the NOW TV service very well. Indeed I'm currently viewin Tin Star using a wired connection on my 65" LG television via the in-built NOW TV app and it looks fine.

By-the-way. If you are using a wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection, have you selected your routers 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band/channel option?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The router is fine. Everything else works perfectly. It's only NowTV that has problems. I'm using the box not the app
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Is your NOW TV box connected to the internet using a wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection? If-so, have you selected your routers 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band/channel option?

Cheers