cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture not fitting the screen

I have been using my black box for over a year. Tonight the picture is small and not filling the screen. There are wide black bands down the side. The picture on my TV are fine. I have changed nothing.  This is on a bedroom TV which I use for catch up. I will need binoculars!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like the TV is displaying the NOW TV output in 4:3 ratio for some unknown reason. Are you sure the aspect ratio setting on the TV hasn't been changed? If you haven't already tried it, power down the box and TV, disconnect the HDMI cable at both ends, then reconnect and power back up to see if it helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like the TV is displaying the NOW TV output in 4:3 ratio for some unknown reason. Are you sure the aspect ratio setting on the TV hasn't been changed? If you haven't already tried it, power down the box and TV, disconnect the HDMI cable at both ends, then reconnect and power back up to see if it helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I tried  powering off and unplugging HDMI at both ends last night. I found that on another thread. Unfortunately that didn't work. I have not looked at the aspect settings on the TV as when I switch input to TV from HDMI, the TV picture is fine, it is just the Now menus no pictures. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

How odd @Anonymous User,

Are you able to take a picture of what you're seeing and post it on the forum?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It did seem a bit counterintuitive but changing the aspect ratio on the TV setting seems to have done the trick.. I can watch my catch up now!