cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Tune In radio!

Today I tried to access TuneIn radio on both my NowTv boxes. One is white and One black.
Both come up with No Content Available.
I tried to remove the app from one box, reinstall it and use the provided - on screen - code. That came up as already registered to me so that didn't help.
Has the TuneIn app no longer supported on Now TV?

13 REPLIES 13
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi S

You know, I was shocked to read your post so I quickly checked to see if TuneIn was still on my Roku 3, I found the icon still intact but when I accessed it I got "No content available".   I then tried to reinstall my favourite radio stations but, although the icons where still available and could be installed, there was no sound coming from the Tunein app.

This suggest to me that either there is a major fault or the Tunein app is on the way out and will end up just like Rdio, defunct.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps   (for Info)

Hi again S

Believe it or not, the Tunein web-site is still working:

https://tunein.com/radio/home/

which could mean that they are abandoning the Now TV/Roku platform.

Sad day for radio lovers.

Sad Face.jpg

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy @Anonymous User

There is always the possibility that Tunein are updating or refreshing their App on the Roku platform, hence the reason the App is not working at the moment.

Tunein are still showing Roku's has supported players on their website and nowtv are still showing the Tunein App on their list of offiical Apps for nowtv boxes / stick.

http://web.static.nowtv.com/images/docs/list-of-apps-on-the-now-tv-box-stick-uk-march-18.pdf 

Perhaps maybe jump over to the Roku US Forum to see if anybody knows any more over there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So disappointing and the NowTv live chat guy didn't know that the icon is still there!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The live chat man said that TuneIn isn't supported but did not answer the question of when things changed.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi Guys

I've sent an email to Tunein and I am currently trying to live chat with Roku, I'll let you know how I get on.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi again Guys

I've just concluded my text chat with Roku's help desk, and the chap there has confirmed that something is wrong with the app and suggested that I should contact Tunein Radio directly, which I have already done.

The help desk chap also confirmed that their Tunein app did not work also so I guess either Schnapps is right, and Tunein are doing a world-wide update, or they are withdrawing from the Roku platform. 

I now await Tunein's reply to my email.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pity we have to find out after one of us wastes his time this afternoon urgently trying to make it work!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @ukbobboy

Tunein is now working again, must have been a temporary blip Smiley Happy