cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't watch Game of Thrones on Now TV

I've been trying to watch Game of Thrones on Now TV. Everytime I try, it loads for a bit and then comes up with an error. It gives me no help as to what the error is or how to solve the problem and it's very frustrating. Any help? Has anyone else had the same problem and fixed it?

9 REPLIES 9
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've been trying to watch Game of Thrones on Now TV. Everytime I try, it loads for a bit and then comes up with an error. It gives me no help as to what the error is or how to solve the problem and it's very frustrating. Any help? Has anyone else had the same problem and fixed it?

Hi @Anonymous User

What's the exact error you're getting?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It just says "There was an error starting the video stream. For more info, please go to nowtv.com/help" (which is not helpful at all).

mark_suff
Expert

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User Is it just one particular episode or have you tried several? Have just tried myself and am getting no problems. Have you tried other programmes to see if it's just GOT not working?. Hopefully we might be able to narrow it down for you.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

What's the exact error you're getting?

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Are you having this issue with all episodes of game of thrones or just one episode in particular?

The first troubleshooting step. I would suggest you reset your now TV box to do this go to

Settings > system > system restart (do not select factory reset)

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's with all episodes of game of thrones.

I'm watching it on my laptop. I've tried refreshing my browser multiple times. I even changed to firefox and that hasn't helped.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's with all episodes of game of thrones.

I'm watching it on my laptop. I've tried refreshing my browser multiple times. I even changed to firefox and that hasn't helped.

Hi @Anonymous User

Ah well, you have posted in the nowTV black box section which has confused things a little which means my initial advice wouldn't have been any help to you. Try to remember to post in the relevant area for the device you're using. Because not all devices work in the same way and posting in the wrong section can make it more difficult for you to get help.Smiley Sad

Before I try to give you advice to fix Silverlight what version of Windows are you using because if you're using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, then you shouldn't be using Silverlight anyway . You should be using the now TV Windows app instead. This is obtained from the the store app on Windows 8.1/10. It is downloaded at no charge, but you will need a Microsoft account to download it. You would be surprised at the amount of people that aren't aware that the Windows app exists. (Here is a direct link to it)

Be aware the app is seen as a different device by now TVs systems to a web browser, so you will need an empty device slot and a device addition/swap available . If you run into issues speak to live chat by clicking here and then scrolling down to the bottom of the page. Click contact us then click live chat.

If you're using Windows 7 or below and have no choice but to use Silverlight post back and myself, a fellow community member or the now TV staff member will do their best to help you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can I just check that you are based within the UK ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had live chat. Needed to delete and reinstall app and it now works fine. Thank you.
mark_suff
Expert

@Anonymous User  Great glad you got it sorted, enjoy watching GOT.