cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I connect a NowTvBox with a monitor w hdmi port?

Hi! 

Is it possible to use a now tv box with a monitor? (Got some hdmi ports in the monitor).

Thanks,

Emiliano.

13 REPLIES 13
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User As long as it's HDCP compliant and can display either 720 or 1080 lines, then yes it should be possible. You could always just try it and see, you won't damage anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The thing is that I don't have it yet, I was offered the Now Tv Box for free. Even so it's free, I would like to make sure it works beforehand.
The monitor is a Dell UltraSharp 2560 x 1440, but it doesn't come with audio output. I've got some speakers, but don't think the TV box comes with that sort of audio output?

@schnapps hope this also answer your doubts?

Thanks,

Emiliano.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The nowtv black box utlizes the HDMI signal for both picture & sound so the Dell Monitor will need an audio output or you may need to invest in a HDMI audio extractor from Amazon or Ebay (never used a HDMI audio extractor on the nowtv box so i can't guarantee that they work).

However a few members have used them with their computer monitors.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your answer.

How about connecting the box to the Macbook so I can get the audio from there?

Thx,

Emiliano.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am not familiar with Macs, but i would guess if it had a HDMI port it would be an output port which wouldn't work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good point. I will have a look at those hdmi audio extractor then.

ty,

Emiliano.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Like i said on my previous post the HDMI audio extractor would be at your own risk.

If you type "HDMI audio extractor" in the NowTV forum search engine, see what results you get.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are getting a free nowtv black box and you already have the Dell Monitor then if i was in your shoes i would firstly make sure that you are getting a picture from the box with no HDCP message before looking into the method or finding a sound solution in your setup. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That makes sense @schnapps. I might do that.

Thanks again,

Emiliano.