cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black box in reboot loop

I purchased a black Now TV box in April. It's occasionally become unresponsive, but switching it off at the mains has always fixed it. Today, I went to switch it on and found that it's stuck in a loop of starting up, trying to connect, and then rebooting itself. I did a hard reset, and now I get as far as the screen to enter my WiFi password, but then it reboots itself again before I can enter the password. I've tried unplugging from the mains, unplugging the hdmi cable, but nothing seems to get it out of this loop.

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserIt did yes, the screen went blank then a few moments later it restarted with the NowTV logo, it then just about manages to get to the home menue then resarts again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User

We're looking into this now as that should not have happened.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have experienced the same problem. I haev a white and a black box. Both were in standby and watched yesterday. Neither box will come on and they are just in a re-boot loop. All I get is a black screen. Could there be an update posted on your website explaining this issue and what to do as it clearly affects more customers than just me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Completely agree. Mine was looping right from switching it on, too, so it seems like the maintenance is affecting more than just the people setting up new boxes. The announcement should really make it clear if that's the case, otherwise people (like me) might think their boxes are just faulty. Hopefully we'll be back to normal after 7pm.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Both my boxes are now in a re-boot loop and won't come back on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You won't be able to fix it at your end unfortunately.

NowTV are currently undertaking maintenance work their end and hope to have everything back to normal by 7.00pm tonight.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just confirming that the problem's now gone so it was definitely the maintenance that was the cause.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's interesting because my two black boxes (which were in standby and used yesterday) are still doing a double-flash of the white LED and refusing to respond.  I noticed it when I got home from work at 6 pm and it's now 9.50 pm and still no joy.  I haven't yet tried resetting them or powering them down and back up

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just confirming that the problem's now gone so it was definitely the maintenance that was the cause.

Update: powered off one box and powered it back up and it now appears to be working (at 9.55 pm) so hopefully all will now be back to normal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Have unplugged and also used the reset button at the back but nothing stops the loop. Mine doesn't even make it to the password screen and the light is flashing in the front of my box - never done that before???
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think its something to do with a service update. Im going to use the livechat facility to see if can get an answer