cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I suggest you jump on live chat to see if they can help further.

On the link I gave you, at the bottom is a green contact us button. Click that to get to live chat. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to hear this @Anonymous User

To test if it's the box that's faulty or a setting on your router that we need to adjust, would it be possible to create a WIFI hotspot from your mobile phone, then try to connect your NOW TV Box to that WIFI signal ?

If you get it connected let the box update then then reset it and try to connect to your normal WIFI again.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried the wifi hotspot and it worked, so thank you. S spent several hours on live chat ready to scream at Mohanne, Rheena and Bharhaima(?)  was promised technical support and just kept being asked the same and do the same!

So now ive used all my data on my phone and reconnected to home wifi with negative results at least tells me my settings are up the creek and maybe if some kind person might tell me where to check the mac address i might get tjis box back on track.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  with the box on, on your remote press the home button 5 times then then ff button 3 times and finally the rw button 2 times.  This will take you to a secret screen that includes your MAC and IP address.  (You can also reset the box from this screen).

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 4268

Thankyou for that, although didnt work. The error i get is code 014.12, ive checked the usual recommendations.

the one point it says which may be valid is Router blocking unknown MAC addresses ( add MAC address  blah blah) however when i go into my router settings with virgin media it only gives option of adding MAC address to disallow access,  confusing. Im gonna try and set up on anothr Tv which is in the same room as router and connect again via WPS and see if thats the problem. If you have any further advise it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update.

rang virgin media and did speed test which is good and system all ok and working fine. Says probably a change in neighbouring area thats knocked me out for whatever reason? 

Give up at this point. Dont know what else to do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hallelujah! ! Finally connected.

Virgin media had sent me an email stating about changing channel frequency for wifi settings. Even though i had already looked at this and the frequency of neighnours channel usage all seemed fine. However noticed that on left hand side of wireless settings the box where channel is input, it also has a auto setting. I had previously understood the auto setting was to the right of the screen. 

So now a happy bunny

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have recently had a new virgin media wifi I'm my house and my now tv box is not coming up with the wifi at all. I have tried to type in the wifi name, reset the box and even tried the disabling/enabling network ping. I have now reset my box to factory settings and still my wifi has not come up. Please help as I'm running out of options.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Disabling network pings usually does the trick for Virgin hub users, but if you've done a factory reset you'll need to change the setting again. Try following the steps in the following help article to make sure you are doing it correctly

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User sounds like the box cannot see the Wi-Fi. Pop on to the webpage for your router. Details are on the base of the router. Then check both wireless bands are visible. Once they are visible, you should be able to search for them. You may need to reboot your box for it to see them.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.