cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The box only displays 640x480 after the new update

As per the title, the update has caused the box to stop outputting 1920x1200. Changing manually between 720/16:9 in the settings does nothing and it will only display at 640x480.

I'm guessing it is something to do with the fact I am using an HDMI to DVI converter to watch on a monitor, but it worked fine until this update broke it. Is there a way to roll back to the last firmware version, I would prefer to do that as the layout in this update is crap anyway.

55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The black box only displays 640x480 during and after boot-up. I tried both the 720p and 1080p settings on the box.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The black box only displays 640x480 during and after boot-up. I tried both the 720p and 1080p settings on the box.

Well unless there's a firmware update for your Dell 2707WFP allowing it to support basic 720 and 1080 HDMI resolutions/EDID codes, I guess that's that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I'm going to get a youview box instead, it looks like my best option as HDMI to DVI doesn't seem to be much of a problem and it also provides SPDIF out and SCART so audio is covered too.

I think I'll be staying away from anything Roku based from now on, a friend of mine who's had a few of their devices in the past says they have a bit of a rep for releasing broken firmware.

Anyway, thanks for your input!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I think I'm going to get a youview box instead, it looks like my best option as HDMI to DVI doesn't seem to be much of a problem and it also provides SPDIF out and SCART so audio is covered too.

Are you aware that YouView does not offer/support ALL the Now TV services?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wasn't until you mentioned it! Wow, that's poor. The restrictions aren't even noted anywhere on the now tv website.

Seriously considering cancelling my subscription, right now I can still watch it on my android tablet but the sound quality is so bad I can't even be bothered.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Then again, this seems like a good excuse to buy an xbox 360...

...oh wait, you can only watch live tv in SD.

This is ridiculous!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The restrictions are mentioned in many different places. Here's a few places where the restrictions are mentioned

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Streaming-Quality

The restrictions are also mentioned in 'the legal bit' section which can be accessed on the bottom left of any page of the main nowTV site

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers for the info.

Silly me, I went to https://www.nowtv.com/devices where clicking on 'youview' takes you to the sign up page with no mention whatsoever of any restrictions!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Silly me, I went to https://www.nowtv.com/devices where clicking on 'youview' takes you to the sign up page with no mention whatsoever of any restrictions!

And for the sake of clarity... The 'restrictions' are laid down by YouView - not NOW TV!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the very same issue. It's a white box and is connected to my TV via simple HDMI, as it always has been. It updated this afternoon and is now stuck in a very squashed 4:3 ratio. NowTV help chat were no help.
I have changed settings, restarted and hard reset but none have solved the problem.