cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Number of Devices

Hello,
We went to watch NowTV yesterday and an error message appeared saying “maximum number of devices registered”, even though our tv has always been our primary watching-source and I’ve checked our account which still displays it as a screen. I’ve now signed out and in again, but has made no difference.

Grateful for any advice on how to fix this...

Thanks,
Lily
3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you still got one device swap this month on your account, then remove the device that is saying you have reached your maximum device limit by going to My Account > Manage Devices on here and then starting watching your device again for it to be automatically re added onto your device list again.

Out of curisoity is your device that is saying you have reached your device limit a white nowtv box or a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt nowtv App or some other playback device.

If you haven't got any spare device swaps this calendar month then jump over to live chat and ask them to reset your device slot list.

Here's a link below to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice - I’ll give it a go.

We have a samsung smart tv with the NowTV app...
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nowtv have recently pushed out a newer version of the nowtv App on Samsung Smart TV's where it has caused a couple of issues since the update

Hopefully your Samsung TV only needs the device to be re added to your list again by following the instructions on my first post.

Should you find that the NowTV App is still not working once you have resolved the maximum device limit message on screen, then maybe read some of the Samsung owners post in the Samsung sub section of the nowtv forum, where there maybe a work around that may or may not work for you on your TV.