cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV on laptop

Hello there,

I have recently today just bought the NOW TV black box, I have set it up on my laptop ( Windows 10) but cannot seem to get the remote working via my laptop . And I have not been able to download apps or figure out how to? Does anybody/can anyone help me?

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm really confused @Anonymous User,

If you've purchased a NOW TV 'black' box, why do you need to "get the remote working via my laptop".....?

However, if all you want to do is view NOW TV content on your Windows 10 laptop, the best way to to this is by installing the NOW TV Windows app.

Cheers

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Am

Your problem is probably outside of my comfort zone but I have one question, have you connected your black box up to the Internet, either by wi-fi or ethernet cable?

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you just need to plug in the box, use the HDMI lead to connect it to your TV. Make sure that the TV can see the box, chattering teeth icon/bouncing now icon and first. It should guide you through set up. The remote in the box doesn't need tuning in. You simply point it at the box. You need to use the log in details you created on your laptop to log in. Once logged in the apps will automatically load.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey there, I don't have a tv which is why I have connected it to my laptop. Can I not use it properly via laptop. I'm not going to buy a tv just for the sake of now tv. I got told I could use it properly via laptop. And how do I connect my now tv (connected via laptop) to the wifi? Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Please confirm... Have you dowloaded and installed the NOW TV Windows app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I've downloaded the new TV windows app 🙂 what shall I do?
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you cannot connect the box to a laptop. It won't work.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268  @Anonymous User

I don't know what laptop Amx has got but some, if not most, modern computers have HDMI ports and so it is possible that he has connected his box to his laptop.

However, I do agree with you and SMD that he should not have bought the box but use the NowTV windows application instead.

Amx

You should now sell the box to someone with a TV, learn to use the Now TV windows application because the NowTV box was not designed to be used with computers while the Now TV application was specifically made for windows PCs and laptops.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy that is irrelevant given that two outs don't make an in.