cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Now Tv Box

I bought three white Now to boxes for my kids & now a new Black box is out the new software runs way too slow on them now, so the kids have stopped using them!
I then went & bought the new black box for the living room & it's faster! But now I read that Sky are bringing out an even faster box later this year, but I've not long bought the new faster black box & have 3 white boxes that no-one will now use as they are frustratingly too slow! I've had Now Tv from the start, but I'm feeling very annoyed and why don't they let you trade your old boxes in & get the new box at a reduced price? I'm also on Virgin Media & they upgrade my hardware free of charge when new tech comes out!
2 REPLIES 2
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
 I'm also on Virgin Media & they upgrade my hardware free of charge when new tech comes out!

That's because you're on a contract with Virgin Media.  Now TV is a no-contract service.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I bought three white Now to boxes for my kids & now a new Black box is out the new software runs way too slow on them now, so the kids have stopped using them!
I then went & bought the new black box for the living room & it's faster! But now I read that Sky are bringing out an even faster box later this year, but I've not long bought the new faster black box & have 3 white boxes that no-one will now use as they are frustratingly too slow! I've had Now Tv from the start, but I'm feeling very annoyed and why don't they let you trade your old boxes in & get the new box at a reduced price? I'm also on Virgin Media & they upgrade my hardware free of charge when new tech comes out!

@Anonymous User That's because, in the case of virgin media TV. They own the hardware , and maintain the hardware. virgin media make sure that everybody is on roughly the same hardware. Whereas in the case of now TV/ now TV boxes it's you that owns the hardware. The now TV boxes are actually sold at a loss which is why there are only £15. (For a black box without a pass) A decent spec set-top box without the hard drive would normally set you back around £50

also see @DarylM's post  above

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.