cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New NOW TV Box

With the reveal that a new NOW TV Box is coming this year, together with a refreshed UI, I though it would be a good idea to share some of our requests. So, with this in mind, here are a few of my own:

1. Roku 3 - The new box needs at least comparable power to a Roku 3. The current box performs less than satisfactory when using iPlayer or YouTube. Roku 3 components would ensure smooth running apps for at least a couple of years.

2. Reasonable price - I don't expect the new box to retail for the same price but at the same time, I wouldn't be prepared to pay more than £40. For a Roku 3 powered device that would represent good value.

3. New UI Features - The ability to flag favourite shows and easily access these ala iPlayer would be extremely welcome.

4. Better access to free channels - If you are going to give us sky news / sports for free with certain subscriptions, then why not just build them into the app. Either under a News & Sports section to complement the entertainment / sport packs or within the entertainment pack itself. Don't make me leave the app to catch the news bulletin and then have to load it again.

5. Refreshed News / Sports apps - If not the above, then how about some decent news / sport apps with access to on demand interviews etc for the latter.

6. No more glitches - I want all pictures to load in a decent resolution, the current UI leaves blank screens which looks ######.

7. HD - Enough said, give us the option to stream channels in at least 720p

So, there's mine for now, how about yours?
49 REPLIES 49
ukbobboy
Legend

Dear Forum Members

I know that there are facilities, both hardware and software, that Now TV box users would like to see on the forthcoming new and improved MK2.

However I was wondering, when MK2 is released will the current box still be supported, especially as I quite enjoy using the box as it  is now.

I personally hope that as long as people use the current box it will continue to be technically supported.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
NOW TV have posted an invite to join a trial of a new product they are launching. They haven't said what it is but might be the new box we are all hoping for. Anyone interested in applying can do so here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Opportunity-to-trial-an-exciting-new-product...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is ther any concrete evidence that this exists in the UK market yet? if there is, i cannot wait

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forums.

The fact that the current NowTV box ( based on Roku LT) has been out of stock for a while is making many people think that a new box is due.

Roku dropped the LT a while back so we have crossed fingers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didnt even know it had gone out of stock, ive had mine pretty much since it was announced and that was it, great at the time, getting fairly long in the tooth in some places now, notably YouTube, iPlayer and All 4.

but i cant wait for a new box!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Now Box coming in August! See Link

Anonymous User
Not applicable

1080p on the new box would be nice

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the new box looks v nice has an ethernet port (so will get another broadband extender) and only costing £14.99...

new box

... looking forward to getting this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Get mine delivered tomorrow.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
With the reveal that a new NOW TV Box is coming this year, together with a refreshed UI, I though it would be a good idea to share some of our requests. So, with this in mind, here are a few of my own:

1. Roku 3 - The new box needs at least comparable power to a Roku 3. The current box performs less than satisfactory when using iPlayer or YouTube. Roku 3 components would ensure smooth running apps for at least a couple of years.

2. Reasonable price - I don't expect the new box to retail for the same price but at the same time, I wouldn't be prepared to pay more than £40. For a Roku 3 powered device that would represent good value.

3. New UI Features - The ability to flag favourite shows and easily access these ala iPlayer would be extremely welcome.

4. Better access to free channels - If you are going to give us sky news / sports for free with certain subscriptions, then why not just build them into the app. Either under a News & Sports section to complement the entertainment / sport packs or within the entertainment pack itself. Don't make me leave the app to catch the news bulletin and then have to load it again.

5. Refreshed News / Sports apps - If not the above, then how about some decent news / sport apps with access to on demand interviews etc for the latter.

6. No more glitches - I want all pictures to load in a decent resolution, the current UI leaves blank screens which looks ######.

@Anonymous User wrote: