cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box has suddenly stopped working.

Now TV Box been working fine till tonight then suddenly stopped working.Tried restting by pushing in the pin to restore it sees my network I enter correct password it goes through cycle then tells me cannot connect?I have a Virgin Media Superhub and all other devices connect to it fine.One of the suggestions I have seen is to check for udates via settings but when you do a reset you cannot get to that screen if it does not connect to the network wireless?

Suggestions would be areciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it might be a bug with the latest firmware, however the temporary fix requires you making a change in the router. If you know how to log in to it you need to change the channel it uses from Auto, 12 or 13 to anything else (1, 6 and 11 are the recommended ones).
If you have no idea about changing settings on your router this guide from Virgin should help. 

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mines working now 🙂

@Anonymous User wrote:
Has anyone box fixed yet mine is still messing about.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is working although I had to set whole thing up again including puttting in bank details, which in result has meant I have lost all my passes, my tv watch list, whole lot has been wiped and it's like new again.  😡

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you should not have needed to do that.  Did you set up a new user name to add your bank details to?   You need to get the new account cancelled.  You will get double charged if you do not.   Best way to do this is to go on to chat.  Then log in with your old details pop back on to chat and they can help reactivate the passes for you.  please contact Now chat via this link

Contact Us...

they are open 8 - midnight

Please don't ignore this advise or you may find your self paying out  money unnecessarily.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did think this was unusual I will contact them asap. Thanks for the link 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 is this a link to now tv? As agent who is typing is asking for bank details, and keeps repeating same question- address and bank details???

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  yes the link is to Now Chat.   Is the account you are signed in on the account you originally used?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 yes it's the original account that am currently signed into. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

Ok @Anonymous User  in that case I am going to tag @Simon-J  one of the Now team he can look into your account and let you know what has gone wrong. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My box has been off since this morning it's now becoming a joke what am I paying for if this takes a whole day to fix, it's the only source of tv I use in my house and it needs to be sorted asap
Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's good Il check see mine is soon the box was stuck on the white light while was messing about but that's off now