cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interruption to programmes

For months, programmes on BBC, itv and Channel 4 just stop playing whilst I am watching. I get a minute or two of Now tv pictures of chattering teeth on screen before it goes back to the home page. I then have to find the programme and fast forward to where i was. Also BBC iPlayer is a nightmare as programmes don't load properly so I end up watching the first 5 minutes several times over before it stops and I get the problem above.  As for channel 5, well sometimes that just freezes or is not available at all. I don't have any of these problems watching on an iPad so it is not my internet. I have tried resetting the box but it didn't help. Short of cancelling my payment is there anything to be done so I can actually watch what I am paying for?

2 REPLIES 2
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Nesse

The Chattering Teeth on the old white box is the device crashing and rebooting, you see the box no longer has the CPU power or memory capacity to handle modern apps, like the BBC iPlayer, etc. 

And, quite honestly, the white box is well passed it's "sell by date" (two generations out of date) and can no longer do what is asked of it.

You would be better off buying a new Now TV stick in the BF sales, whereby you will also get either a free Entertainment or Cinema pass to add to your current Now TV account.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you very much that is good to know. I was thinking of getting the new
black box to get Netflix so I will do that. Always good to understand the
problem. Many thanks, Nesse