cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to watch now tv box on 2 televisions

I have just ordered a now tv box and will be hooking it up to my tv in bedroom. Is it possible to watch content in the other tv downstairs at same time? Otherwise using 2 devices
How would this work. Would you need to take remote downstairs to use?
Thanks. A bit new to this. Getting movies for £15 for 6 months so giving it a go.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NowTV service has a device Limit of 4 and a streaming to devices limit of 2 at the same time...

This 2 devices means any 2 of those 4 including the PC you can play content on.

If you want Dual TVs running seperate films on NowTV. that requires a second box/device.

If you want a HDTV in the other room to display the same film for the cheapest way, that requires a HDMI splitter and a long second HDMI cable... To send the IR remote signals to another room requires a IR reciever and IR blaster set up...

All these extra things can be purchased from electronics retailers...

Its just cheaper to get another cloned Ruko NowTV box.. for £9.99 others allready got 3 boxes... but can only watch nowTV on 2 at the same time..  

View solution in original post

176 REPLIES 176
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, the Now TV service is an online streaming service, so unfortunately you will not be able to use a dish to receive programming. As long as you can get a min of 2mb speed from your wifi, you should still be able to use the service, but the picture quality maybe reduced slightly
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It also may buffer occasionally using other devices at the same time
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi! I've just tried to watch Now TV on my Xbox One having registered on my Xbox 360. It kicked me out on one in favour of the other and I'm now wondering how my son and I watch different movies at the same time? Heeelllppp!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User unfortunately due to the way your NOW TV account is linked to your XBox Live account you can only use one of them at a time. You can however use any other supported device

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's unusual, you should be able to watch 2 different movie streams at the same time on 2 devices, I have 4 different boxes on 1 account, though have never been kicked off a device in favour of another, normally just can't watch the movie I picked.

Had you finished watching a movie, then tried to stream another whilst the other film was in progress? Am thinking it maybe a residual stream and the app thinks a 3rd person is watching?
Maybe try clearing cache, and then start another film?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was watching Beneath the Planet of the Apes downstairs then went upstairs to tidy my sons rooms and loaded it on his Xbox One and continued to watch it. It was when I came back down and switched the 360 back on that I realised I'd been logged out! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have both the movie and entertainment packages so do I now need to buy another 2 boxes for my sons room so he can have the same access as me?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User just one NOW TV box is enough. Make sure you use your login details and then you can share your passes. If you buy a box with a voucher (good deals in Argos at the moment) you can add those to your account in My Account and it'll start at the end of your current paid for period. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@artsea got a great deal at Argos ! Two months free pass for movies! I'm still using the Xbox downstairs though so if I input the code on that it will apply the same offer to the box upstairs , is that correct? 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes, you can apply your voucher code on your Xbox, or on your NOW TV box, or on the website by going to your My Account > My Passes page http://account.nowtv.com/passes 

As long as both boxes are logged into the same account the pass will be shared between them.