cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freezing

We have had our white nowtv box for a while but suddenly it has started freezing in the middle of watching catch up shows on the iPlayers and on the nowtv. When it freezes it goes onto a orange screen with the nowtv logo and shows moving objects before going back onto the main home screen. We noticed this happening with BBC iPlayer a while ago but is now affecting all of them and seems to be okay after it has re loaded itself.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi B

The long and short of it is, the white box CPU and memory can no longer cope with the updated apps and OS it now has to use.  Simply put, you'd be better off with a new black box which has a duel core CPU and more memory, plus you should still be able to get one with a free 2 or 3 month Now TV entertainment pass.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi B

The long and short of it is, the white box CPU and memory can no longer cope with the updated apps and OS it now has to use.  Simply put, you'd be better off with a new black box which has a duel core CPU and more memory, plus you should still be able to get one with a free 2 or 3 month Now TV entertainment pass.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou does this mean I will have to buy new passes or do I just put my email and password in and the current ones will work still
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again B

You asked, " .....does this mean I will have to buy new passes or do I just put my email and password in and the current ones will work still?".

No, you will not have to buy any new passes or do anything else other than log into your new black box the exact same way you originally logged into your white one.  You see, I know this because in the recent past I moved from my old white box to a new black one.  

Right now, my son has a black box and I now have a Roku 3, all using the same account I started with my white box.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou shall be ordering a new box. Thankyou for being so helpful.