cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 1301

Reset box & router numerous times, continues to display error code 1301 stating I'm outside UK, I live in Milton Keynes !!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

The only suggestion I can make is to reboot your router and NOW TV box. By turning off & on at the mains.  Which ISP do you use, I know there were a few issues with Plusnet showing up this error some time ago.

View solution in original post

76 REPLIES 76
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still encountering this issue. 

Can you please let us know if you have been able to use your NOW TV Box before? Please can you double check that the NOW TV Box is connected to your Wireless Internet? 

Can you please let us know if you experience this issue on any other device?

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

we can watch You tube but all the catch-up chanels and now tv (movie pass) we have a same error code 1301,location not supported,i've restart wifi connection,now tv box and router again and  is the same error code 1301

like we are not in UK???

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still encountering this issue. 

Can you please let us know if you have been able to use your NOW TV Box before? Please can you double check that the NOW TV Box is connected to your Wireless Internet? 

Can you please let us know if you experience this issue on any other device?

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for the info.

I have escalated this to our tech team, as soon as they come back to me, I'll email you.

Sorry for the trouble caused 😞

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm having this same error code on my nowTV box and it isnt working through the app on the ps4 either. Can you advise what to do as we have reset the router and the box on several occasions and it hasnt done anything to it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User error 1301 is NOW TV thinking you are outside of the UK. If you are in the UK, what country do you see if you visit https://www.maxmind.com/en/locate-my-ip-address

As most online services will assume you are in the result. If it's not the UK you might want to pester your Internet provider to get there details updated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry about the delayed reply.

I believe your issue was sorted out with our Chat team. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi i keep getting error code 1301 the nowtv was working fine then just stoped i ve tried reboot box and router please help!!! i pay for movie pass and cant watch them help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

please help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

This error normally has something to do with your location. Are you in the UK? If yes, turn your router off for about 5 minutes and try again or contact your ISP to get this sorted for you.

Birgit

NOW TV team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you please try again and let us know if you still get the same error message?

Can you also confirm where exactly do you get the error - while signing in or when you start watching content? 

Have you been able to use any other devices?

Thanks,

Birgit

NOW TV Team