cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Channels Preinstalled Missing

Hi, I've tried to activate my Now TV box for streaming Roku Channels as per on screen instructions link code to Roku account without sucess so far. However, i now noticed that the home screen channel list is now only showing one channel (Now TV) and all previous channels installed ie. BBC Sport, 4 Demand etc gone. Can you please advise how to rectify / reinstate these channels to my box and also any help with Roku link. Thks

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You can't link your NOW TV box to a Roku account for channels, it's restricted to only those channels in the streaming channels section on the box homescreen.

Not sure how you've lost the pre installed apps but I'd probably try a hard reset - with the box powered up push a pin into the reset hole at the back until you see the box restart itself. You'll then need to enter your wifi and NOW TV account details again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your response and noted. Can i just give you more details of what I am seeing on screen when i switch on to my box. Main menu shows options as follows:

1) Home - (NowTV)    1 Channel only!

2) Streaming Channels - (when select next screen shows) Get Started, (Roku) Create or link NowTV account for access to the latest hit movies, tv shows etc........, next screen says "Acti vate your NowTV box to a ........., Here's how: From your PC, Phone etc, goto www.roku.com/link - Then enter this code : ?????? - Once done this screen will auto update.

3) Settings -

As i previously said, followed the details as shown (2) above but no joy.

Is it possible that auto software update has changed this from original time when purchased (white) box to be same as new version (black) box released last year. Just a thought!

Any more advice would be appreciated. Thks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User do you have a My Apps section and a Best of Catchup alongside Home? If so you want to look at My Apps for all the others.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, no i don't have My Apps section or the other. Only have the following options on screen : Home, Streaming channels, Settings.

Any more advice help would be appreciated to help solve my problem. Thks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User somethings gone wrong. Stick a pin in the reset hole on the back whilst it's on for about 10 seconds. You'll need to re enter your details but it should get you everything back. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You might of fixed this now looking at the date of the post but if so then at least this info may be useful for somebaody else who comes across the issue 🙂

Is the box in dev mode or have you played around in the dev menu's?

The reason i ask this is that i have experinaced this issue with the white box myself when the box is in dev mode and you try connect to Roku and try change the Roku store server option in the dev menu.

It basically causes the entire box the be wiped of all apps apart from the NowTV app. You cant even install others, there isnt any, Not even Sky Store - nothing!

You cant simply leave dev mode or even try setting the server back to defaulf, neiter those work. A hard reset should fix though, as suggested above (don't do a soft reset as that wont work) but not always the first one. Sometimes it seems to take two.