cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot pair my stick and remote.

I have had my stick disconnected for some time. I am not trying to pair my stick and remote but can never get past the first PAIR YOUR REMOTE screen. I have tried a reset and factory reset ( 10 second press of stick remote) but still nothing. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Could be poor wifi reception between your Stick and NowTV Smart remote or a dodgy remote.

If nothing works on this linked help article below, then can you move the stick closer to your Router and when pairing move the remote controller closer to the stick.

Should you have more than one TV in the home, then temporary try repairing the stick and remote on the closest television to your Router.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote 

Also maybe try a reboot of your Router.

Does the free Roku Remote App that you can download from your  smartphone Apps Store, operate the stick (assuming you own a smartphone ?).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to mention if you have a HDMI extender fly lead lying around the house, try that with the Stick to move the Stick away from the back of the TV casing to improve the wifi reception and reduce the heat off the stick.

Also if you are using the power off the USB port on your television with the stick then try the supplied power adapter instead to see if it helps with the repairing process.