cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box support changes.

I was emailed the offer to pay for a new Now TV Stick but some people have got them for free. It's to do with devices I've read but I'm not sure what that means. I use the box as often as I can, it's been very slow to load for months and months and other apps won't even open so I don't use it as often as I'd like. It's the main unit i have and can be very frustrating especially now i need to pay for a new one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding NowTV are offering a free Stick to customers who use the old white box has their main primary NowTV streaming device.

Should the white box be your secondary streaming device with less usage, then NowTV will offer you a Stick at a discounted rate.

The free Stick or discounted price is for one Stick only from what i have read, so don't expect multiple free or cheap sticks when you contact NowTV.

NowTV can see from their database the individual usage hours of each device when using their service across all your registered devices on your account.

Maybe get in touch with Live Chat to see if they will be generous and give you a Stick for free rather than a discounted price if you give them the reasons why you believe you are entitled to a free Stick like some customers rather than a Stick at a discounted reduced price.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding NowTV are offering a free Stick to customers who use the old white box has their main primary NowTV streaming device.

Should the white box be your secondary streaming device with less usage, then NowTV will offer you a Stick at a discounted rate.

The free Stick or discounted price is for one Stick only from what i have read, so don't expect multiple free or cheap sticks when you contact NowTV.

NowTV can see from their database the individual usage hours of each device when using their service across all your registered devices on your account.

Maybe get in touch with Live Chat to see if they will be generous and give you a Stick for free rather than a discounted price if you give them the reasons why you believe you are entitled to a free Stick like some customers rather than a Stick at a discounted reduced price.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Generous? They are completely disabling devices that worked fine for Youtube & IPlayer. You don’t see Roku using these tactics to scrape money off people. They’ve bricked my units only a couple of years after I bought them. What a terrible company 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Indeed.

My contract end on the 23rd.

Whilst I was hoping for an offer to stay, the loss of service stinks.

Imagine having a car that suddenly banned you from using it !

That is the exact equivalent.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

To be fair, the only device Now TV has managed to launch and be worthwhile was the Smart box. That has already been discontinued.

The sticks are very poor compared to Roku. Which is crazy since it’s powered by Roku!

Best option would be to purchase a Roku express stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help