cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Will there be a native for Sony Android TV?

AnAndroid TV is awsome with the only exception of the missing Now TV app. Got rid of the Roku box and watching Now TV in the PS3 but when that dies its bye bye Now TV so please consider an app.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Advocate

Would love a native app as currently i have to have my chromcast plugged in just for NowTV which is annoying and means that i'm watching it less and less. Surely the devs can make an app easily enough if they already have an android one. 

Highlighted

I agree. It's crazy that Sony Android TVs have all other apps except now tv.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Question from a thickie... I have a Sony android and an iPad,my tv is hard wired to my hub, the iPad wifi... if I cast from my iPad to the tv is the stream coming through the hardware from the hub to the tv or via wifi from my iPad to the tv?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team
NOW TV Team

@Shane3 wrote:

Question from a thickie... I have a Sony android and an iPad,my tv is hard wired to my hub, the iPad wifi... if I cast from my iPad to the tv is the stream coming through the hardware from the hub to the tv or via wifi from my iPad to the tv?

@Shane3

Hi Shane

Welcome to the forum

As you would be casting from the iPad the stream would be through wifi

Thanks

Aaron

Highlighted
Scholar

In that case I add my name to the ever growing list of CUSTOMERS that want a fully fledged Android app for their Sony TV.

and the important thing to remember is... the Customer is always right (even when he/she is wrong).

questions;

will making it work on a Sony Android tv cause issues with other companies, deals or supported products?

will making it work on a Sony Androit tv take huge amounts of development time and cost hundreds of thousands?

will making it work on a Sony Android tv make hundreds (if not thousands) of Now TV customers happy?

i guess there's a balance to be made and it depends on whether Now TV (AKA Sky) want to be seen as Corporate focused or Customer focused?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

just to add myself to the list - as a paid subscriber i would like to be able to watch now tv on my tv (either via nvidia shield or sony bravia/oled when released as i am planning on buying it...)

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I would love this too, come on it cant be that difficult?!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@snarby wrote:

I would love this too, come on it cant be that difficult?!!

It's probably easier said than done. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Another requesting Now TV app to be made available for Sony Bravia tv

0 Thanks