cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Super bumper fun TV adverts fom childhood thread

@caseyb1993 @schnapps @ukbobboy and anyone else with an infantile sense of humour

So here it is, the super bumper fun TV adverts from childhood thread (blame Casey she started it with Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles .... the only thing you can really do with a Rowntree's Fruit Pastille is .... you know the rest!)

Nobody likes watching ads these days they just lack the smile, childish elegance of our rose-tinted youth (ie everything was naff but we thought it was fab at the time).

So regardless of age, share your favourite TV ads from your yoof. The funnier, wittier, or sing-along-addictive the better.

I've got SOOOO many to choose from, but here's a couple of my favourites to kick things off.

The Smash mashed potato alien robots from

https://youtu.be/ofv5Ca1LD8U

And my all time favourite PG Tips chimp ad (I LOOOVE a good monkey ad), Mr Shifter the removal chimp ... All together now .... "Cooeeeeee Mr Shifter...."

https://youtu.be/m3F0nnPHyWo

PG Tips Mr Shifter another funny add from the 80s
150 REPLIES 150
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@schnapps wrote:

cigar for the lucky winner who can spot the famous actor in the advert

@schnapps I've spotted Hellboy himself, Ron Perlman I reckon!?!

PS I don't smoke, substitute for a Heineken please! 🙂

You Sir @Andy are the winner and your prize is that i give you permission to go to your fridge where i will allow you to choose any beverage you want and have a drink on me Smiley Very Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Great choices there @ukbobboy I wasn't familiar with those, a little before my time, but I did enjoy watching them, especially the Hai Karate one! Hilarious! I'm not sure which bitter lemon ad you refer to, but I certainly remember the lemonade drinker ad they did, which again was a great sing-along ad as well as something I used to imitate on my way to the fridge to get a drink of (much cheaper brand) lemonade.

https://youtu.be/hro4AdTYiTA

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

The BEST Phil Collins song in my opinion. 😉

Yes it is Disney but it is fantastic! 😄 @Andy It involves apes! 

[video]

Now, I am a 90's kid but I can't really remember alot of the adverts. 😞

I remember these bad boys though.

[video]

[video]

[video]

[video]

Now, remember, I did say "Kid"...

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Oh yeah, and this Phil Collins (half) song too. 🙂

[video]

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Blimey, the 70's were full of safety ads weren't they? 😮

If I remember correctly, I saw an ad when I was little where these kids sneak into an electric power plant or something to retrieve a toy and get frazzled. 😮

Why did they need to show these ads???? 😮

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andy @ukbobboy @caseyb1993

There was a TV programme on either channel 4 or 5 a few years back that funny enough had the Top 100 best TV commercials which i watched and i was trying to think what adverts they showed.

Then i remembered there was a really good one about a bottle water drinks (Evian) ad with dancing babies and managed to find the video clips on YouTube.

[video]

[video]

Here's one for all the Super Hero Fans out there Smiley Very Happy

[video]

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andy @caseyb1993 @ukbobboy

When i was a child growing up the two main educational adverts on TV for children were "Charley Says" and "The Green Cross Code Man".

[video]

[video]

Another trivial quiz question, what famous character in cinema history did the Green Cross Code Man play in the movies (i know somebody on the forums will definitely know the answer) Smiley Wink  

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @caseyb1993 @Andy

Schnapps

Loved the second and third Evian advert, the first one did not grab me.

Casey

The Green Cross Code Man was the body of Darth Vader in , at least, the first three Star Wars films.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @schnapps

Sorry Casey and Schnapps

For some unknown reason, I thought Casey wanted to know about the Green Cross Code Man.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

My trivia question about David Prowse "The Green Cross Code Man" was directed to any forum member who knew the answer (Which any Star Wars fan would have known).

Where like you correctly said he was the guy inside the Darth Vader costume and starred in the original Star Wars Trilogy and because of his strong West Country accent they used James Earl Jones has the voice over for Darth Vader.

James Earl Jones voice was perfect for the Darth Vader role, which was either a piece of genius or maybe circumstantial pure luck ?