cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carol222
Observer

talktalk box and NOW

I have a talktalk box DN372T . I bought a 24hr pass and watched F1 till box switched off. Now I cannot get anything to load despite still being in the pass time. Read that some talktalk boxes don't work but this is a new box. When I click on the Now programme it just comes up SEARCH OR TV GUIDE but will not connect to either. HELP

CAROL

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: talktalk box and NOW

Hi @carol222 

I believe your TalkTalk model box quoted supports the NOW App.

Are you using the NOW App on your box and not the main TalkTalk TV Guide which isn't supported.

When you use the NOW App scroll to the bottom of the NOW App home screen page and under the My Account tile box make sure you are signed in with your NOW account details.

If you can't type in the email /user name entry input box click the OK enter button on your Youview remote.

View solution in original post

0 Thanks
10 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @carol222 

I believe your TalkTalk model box quoted supports the NOW App.

Are you using the NOW App on your box and not the main TalkTalk TV Guide which isn't supported.

When you use the NOW App scroll to the bottom of the NOW App home screen page and under the My Account tile box make sure you are signed in with your NOW account details.

If you can't type in the email /user name entry input box click the OK enter button on your Youview remote.

View solution in original post

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @carol222 

I think i misread your post and didn't realise you managed to watch F1 on your TalkTalk box.

I am guessing you have tried unplugging the power to your TalkTalk box and Router ?

Also try logging out and back into the App if you can reach the My Account tile box by following my previous instructions.

I would also double check your Ethernet connection between your TalkTalk box and Router.

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @carol222 

When you press the red button on your Youview remote whilst on the Youview box NOW App a search & TV Guide button option pop up will appear on screen.

To remove it normally you press the red button on your Youview remote controller.

Don't know if that's what's happening or your box has frozen on this feature whilst attempting to use the NOW App.

If the box is new and you haven't got any saved recordings or recording schedules yet you could try a factory reset (last resort) of the Youview box by going into the Youview box settings.

0 Thanks
carol222
Observer

Thank you so much for your help. I did as you suggested but when I click on accounts button I just get the blue search/ tv guide box. It worked very well earlier until end of F1 then whole box went off, have now adjusted settings in case it timed out but now can get no sky sports at all, though there were a few ties when I could access Tv guide. Am I right in thinking this is a newer box from Talktalk and thats why it worked. Phoned talktalk engineer and after a complete reset of box still nothing. He said it was Now at fault. Would love to solve it if you have any ideas.

Carol

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @carol222 

If you have tried everything that i suggested and nothing works, then i am out of ideas.

The TV Guide and Search pop up whilst inside the NOW App only appears for me when i press the red button on the Youview remote (unless you have a sticky red button on the remote).

When the TV Guide & Search pop up is showing can you select the TV Guide menu and if the TV Guide Now & Next menu opens on screen can you then press the back button on the Youview remote.

Apart from that maybe get in touch with NOW live chat (see link page below) and possibly post on the TalkTalk Community Forum also where maybe a TalkTalk customer has encountered this before.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

0 Thanks
carol222
Observer

Talktalk engineer talked me thru a complete reset. No luck. I have just tried again and some sky comes up sometimes the tv guide appears but mostly not and then when I click on program nothing happens. Checked ethernet.

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @carol222 

Are you definitely trying to watch via the green & white NOW App and not through the actual main TV Guide itself which doesn't work on the TalkTalk boxes with a NOW account.

NOW live chat might be your best option, plus maybe post also on the TalkTalk Community Forum.

I don't use the TalkTalk Community Forum myself, but there might be the same exact problem on there with a solution.

0 Thanks
carol222
Observer

yes thanks the red button removes the box doesn't appear to be sticking but the item from the guide doesn't open. Thank you for your help. I think the box must support sky as I watched the race but why it cut out I don't know and neither did the engineer. Thank you

0 Thanks
carol222
Observer

Am using the blue app on the apps page. Did see the green one and tried it but nothing. Worked till end of race.

0 Thanks