cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ctreadwell
Occasional Poster

sky sports red button

how do I access red button games on my nowtv PS4 app?

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schnapps Legend 4
Legend 4

Re: sky sports red button

Hi @ctreadwell

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, nowtv don't offer a red button service with any of their Sky Sports passes Smiley Mad

7 Replies
schnapps Legend 4
Legend 4

Hi @ctreadwell

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, nowtv don't offer a red button service with any of their Sky Sports passes Smiley Mad

UKTVPlayapp
Contributor 5

Any news when Sky Sports red button service will arrive on now tv boxes.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Regular 5

I’m hopeful it’s when Now TV is launched for BT TV. Although I’m not going to hold my breath! 

0 Thanks
robert1997
Scholar 2

@UKTVPlayapp wrote:

I wouldn't be holding my breath on it. Development at NowTV has slowed to a crawl since the middle part of last year. We need 50fps for sports as a priority over anything else (including red button). 25fps just doesn't cut it in 2019. I'm out when my football 'season ticket' ends in June (I've already cancelled).

starman73
Regular 1

@robert1997 wrote:

@UKTVPlayapp wrote:

I wouldn't be holding my breath on it. Development at NowTV has slowed to a crawl since the middle part of last year. We need 50fps for sports as a priority over anything else (including red button). 25fps just doesn't cut it in 2019. I'm out when my football 'season ticket' ends in June (I've already cancelled).

If there is not going to be a red button why can't Sky stop the dual transmissions on Mix/Pemier League and Football/Main Event?   For the Championship midweeks, most of the other sports channels are often only showing re-runs or documentaries.  Even if News, Golf, Cricket and F1 are excluded, there are 6 channels that could show different games (Mix/Premier League/Action/Arena/Football/Main Event).  Pretty ridiculous to have three games behind the red button on Friday with two being shown of two different channels.

Friday 22nd March 2019
Luxembourg v Lithuania UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier 19:45 Sky Sports Red Button
Portugal v Ukraine UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier 19:45 Sky Sports Mix / Sky Sports Premier League
Albania v Turkey UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier 19:45 Sky Sports Red Button
Andorra v Iceland UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier 19:45 Sky Sports Red Button
Moldova v France UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifier 19:45 Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event
gavs82008
Regular 5

Completely agree with you.

Sky either A needs to allow Now TV access to the red button feature or B get rid of the red button feature and show all the games, as well as removing matches that are on more than 1 channel. Its a waste of timeslot!

0 Thanks
starman73
Regular 1

@gavs82008 wrote:

Completely agree with you.

Sky either A needs to allow Now TV access to the red button feature or B get rid of the red button feature and show all the games, as well as removing matches that are on more than 1 channel. Its a waste of timeslot!

Also in the past Sky One has been used for games on final day, so arguably there are up to 7 channels that could be used for football matches.  Fair enough to have them on the red button if other channels have live events, but often they don't.   At points there is even triple casting of sports news on Main Event, Premier League and Sports News and Soccer AM on Premier League, Football and Sky One.  No point having 11 channels with 3 or 4 of them showing the same thing and hiding shows behind red buttons.

0 Thanks