cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveyboy
Mentor

sky sports channels missing?

Hi all, I have the nowtv sports package but when I look at the sky app it shows skysports1, skysports2, etc.

These are not showing on nowtv sports. Am I missing something?

1 Solution
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @daveyboy 

What Premier League game are you after? 

Where tonight's PL Matches are on BT Sports and not Sky Sports.

https://www.premierleague.com/broadcast-schedules 

View solution in original post

15 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @daveyboy 

What playback device are you using ?

There is a NOWTV App for Hong Kong which has Sky Sports 1 etc and is nothing to do with NOW in the UK.

The App you are after says NOW (not Sky) and should look something like in the image below.

download.jpeg.jpg

daveyboy
Mentor

thanks, I'm watching on a smart tv in the uk. Also logged in on my Mac and the same channels. I had expected the same sky channels.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @daveyboy 

So both your Smart TV and Mac is showing Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2 etc ?

Or is it just the Smart TV or Mac ?

What's the make and model of the Smart TV and is the NOW App identical to the image I posted ?

daveyboy
Mentor

yes the app image identical the one posted. Just checked on my iPhone and the same. I don't see skysports1 etc. so I can't see any of the premier games. All I am getting is the blackburn Blackpool game

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @daveyboy 

What Premier League game are you after? 

Where tonight's PL Matches are on BT Sports and not Sky Sports.

https://www.premierleague.com/broadcast-schedules 

daveyboy
Mentor

so I downloaded a sky tv app to see which sky sports channels were there. Currently showing west hamvTott, liverpoolvnewcastle, man city and wolves on sky sports 1,2,4,5

I see none of these channels on my nowtv sports. I had expected it to be sky sports but appears  to be not the same

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@daveyboy 

Your better to download the Sky Go app. Should look like this, you don’t need any logins for it.

B74479C0-9E0B-46BC-A344-5AC7A5429480.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
daveyboy
Mentor

it's asking for a sky username and password. I don't have sky. I have sky spots on nowtv which appears to not be a full sky sports version.

RoyB
Legend

@daveyboy 

The NowTV app looks like this:-

ACF2D5CE-4779-433D-87AE-FB969CEDBFC3.png

You want the Now app, albeit it is on NowTV.com:-

105C5479-7F12-4DE5-B332-233A12625E7D.jpeg

Can you post a screenshot of what the app you have looks like?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
daveyboy
Mentor

I see what you posted. The only game I can watch live is the blackburn one. The others showing on the sky tv app show a list of premier games tonight.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@daveyboy 

You don’t need to log in to use the guide. 
Like you I don’t have a Sky account but I use this for a handy TV guide.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
daveyboy
Mentor

ah that's it then. BT sports. Thank you

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @daveyboy 

Sounds like it's the NOW TV App from Hong Kong or another country in the world which offers Sky and has nothing to do with Sky or NOW in the UK.

I use the Sky + App on my tablet and phone to see what's on Sky / NOW in the UK.

RoyB
Legend

@daveyboy 

Here’s the Sky TV Guide:-

https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20220831/4101-1

None of these channels have the names you quote; and all the channels there with ‘sky’ in the name are present on Now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
daveyboy
Mentor

none show on my now app. This is odd.