cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Champcar59
Scholar 3

Re: sky f1 only subs

@kickboard wrote:

Totally agree - I don't want any of the other sports and the new pass for £195 is just too expensive (unless you use it to get those other sports as well). Looking forward to watching the British Grand Prix live later in the year!

This is an argument that has been floating round the web for some time. Companies like Sky,Virgin & BT need to sit up and pay attention to the customers who keep there businesses going. As customers from all three providers are saying they want to be able to choose the channels they want and do not want to have 450 channels they will never watch.I until recently had VM Full House Tv pack I got shot of for two reasons (1) never ending repeats (2) too many channels I did not want.I would rather pay £20 a month and get 10 channels I want than pay £25 and get 400 channels I don’t want and will never watch.Netflix & Prime have given people this choice albeit at the moment they don’t do Live channels but they do offer people a choice they want.

cheers

0 Thanks
starman73
Expert 2

@michael_s wrote:

Really disturbing. NOW has increased the price per day to nearly £9.00. I have been watching F1 for about the last thirty years, and now, as a pensioner on a low income, find myself priced out from watching F1. I am not interested in any of the other Sky Sports channels.

Be glad of the last 30 years.  Football fans, cricket fans, boxing fans, golf fans, rugby fans and others have been paying for years.  Nowadays I have 5 separate sports subscriptions (Now/BT/Eurosport/Premier/GAAGO) .  I tend to subscribe and unsubscribe depending on when football/GAA seasons start and finish.  F1 fans have it good with F1 and Indy in the same place. And there are plenty of highlights on channel 4.

0 Thanks
starman73
Expert 2

@Champcar59 wrote:

@kickboard wrote:

Totally agree - I don't want any of the other sports and the new pass for £195 is just too expensive (unless you use it to get those other sports as well). Looking forward to watching the British Grand Prix live later in the year!

This is an argument that has been floating round the web for some time. Companies like Sky,Virgin & BT need to sit up and pay attention to the customers who keep there businesses going. As customers from all three providers are saying they want to be able to choose the channels they want and do not want to have 450 channels they will never watch.I until recently had VM Full House Tv pack I got shot of for two reasons (1) never ending repeats (2) too many channels I did not want.I would rather pay £20 a month and get 10 channels I want than pay £25 and get 400 channels I don’t want and will never watch.Netflix & Prime have given people this choice albeit at the moment they don’t do Live channels but they do offer people a choice they want.

I had the Virgin full house because it was the cheapest way to get BT Sport.  £18/month standalone or £10/month over price of the most basic TV pack.  

0 Thanks
michael_s
Mentor

Sky has this monopoly neatly tied up, so I bought the season pass for £195. It is very expensive, but I feel that F1 races are only exciting when watched live. By the time the C4 highlights are shown I will already know the results, frustrating. The high price is somewhat mitigated because I can also watch qualifying without having to pay an extra £8.99.

I do not know for how long SKY has the contract, but F1 TV, F1's own channel, is much cheaper where available. Maybe they will offer the channel in the UK when SKY's contract comes to an end.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
KevinF1
Advocate

With the first three races being shown live on Sky One (including qualifying) buying the season pass for £195 was a complete con.  With The British Grand Prix live on C4, assuming you have an Entertainment Pass, it means you only have a maximum 17 races to watch on Sky F1.   Buying Month Sports passes at £25 each you should be able to watch entire season, including qualifying for £150.  You could do it for less if you're prepared to miss a few qualifying sessions and watch the race only on a daily sports pass (Germany, Hungary and Abu Dhabi).  And that's assuming that Sky don't show any more races on Sky One.....which I bet they will.

michael_s
Mentor

Kevin, I agree. If SKY 1 is showing all F1 races live I will will be really upset. I paid £195 to NOW for F1, but I could have head SKY 1 for just £5 per month with my TalkTalk broadband bundle. I actually did have that for free and only just recently cancelled it when they started charging £5 per month for SKY 1 and some other low profile channels.