cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Sky Sports red button on Now TV - Now Available on selected devices

You can access extra channels on selected sports events using Bonus Streams, including additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control.

30 Replies
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Sky Sports red button on Now TV - Now Available on selected devices

When is red button service or bonus streams are going to be available on now tv black box, now tv smart box with Freeview, now tv smart box 4K boxes and now tv sticks. I have Sky sports month pass.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I read somewhere on the announcement saying by the end of 2020 for now tv branded boxes and sticks and 2021 for all other now tv supported devices. Hopefully it will be available by the time the nations league starts in September as that’s the next time football will be on the red button 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

@AndyS22 How to access red button on Xbox?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ben21 

It's not a physical red button service, but bonus streams.

When there is a number of EFL games or just before the start of the F1 Race, right at the bottom of the NowTV Home Screen Page on the NowTV App you should see the bonus streams.

I don't own an xBox but assume it's the same.

Just checked my Youview Box NowTV App and there is no bonus streams at the moment, where i would expect it to show tomorrow just before the F1 main race.

So far i have only ever seen bonus streams during EFL football matches and F1 races (don't know if it's available for any other sporting events from what i have noticed to date).

Edit - If my memory serves me right, i think i also seen bonus streams for the Nation's Football competition as well.

Highlighted
Expert

Any more news when the bonus streams feature will be arriving on now tv branded boxes and sticks.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 2

sky sports got live football but its on red button still not on my now tv stick yet

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@sdan10 

According to the help page on bonus streams 

If you've got a Sky Sports Month Pass and one of the devices listed below, you can access Bonus Streams for selected sports events, including additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control.

When a Bonus Stream is available, you'll find the option at the bottom of your NOW TV app homepage.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-month-pass

Highlighted
Advocate

Sorry if there are current answers  but i am finding it difficult to find current status Is there an update on when the bonus streams will be available on other devices please. Has it yet been rolled out onto further devices. How would this be communicated ?

At the moment it is confusing to find the app offering differing content on different devices.

Also the framerate reduction on the Youview box is there any update on the timescale when this will be fixed. That box has the bonus streams but the reduced framerate on main channel. Other devices have the full framerate but not the bonus streams.

Also it very difficult to find the sport on demand programming ?

Looking at the Youview app there is I think still the strange issue of Sky News appearing in the (Entertainment) TV Guide list but doesn't play with a vague coming soon message. Surely it is straightforward to stream the channel but why is it taking so long for it to occur.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert

@tennisfan 

It's not yet I imagine that the the development team is focusing on fixing the current bugs that the latest UI update has done to this smartstick and boxes before they update them to support Red Button and On Demand.