cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Should Now TV suspend billing for Sports?

OK, it won't help those who have paid up front, but shouldn't Now TV suspend billing for Sports pass subscribers?  The alternative is they cancel and they don't even sell advertising space...

BT and Sky Sports suspend billings

17-Mar-2020 By Emily Hawkins

Broadcasters Sky and BT Sport have announced they will suspend billing on their services for pubs.

HTTPS://WWW.MORNINGADVERTISER.CO.UK/ARTICLE/2020/03/17/BT-SKY-SPORTS-PAYMENTS-FOR-PUBS-CORONAVIRUS 

20 Replies
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The passes are monthly, so anyone can cancel at any time, and restart whenever. I don't think there's much point in decrypting the channels and making them FTA, if that's what you mean?

On the point of people paying upfront, I totally agree. Not least as I paid £200, for 10 months of sports, and I would be interested to know if I will be offered extra months, free, to make up for it.

starman73
Elite

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/03/17/sky-sports-will-allow-customers-pause-subscriptions-...

Sky Sports will allow customers to 'pause' subscriptions during coronavirus disruption but BT does not follow

Sky has relaxed its stance after initially only suspending the charge for commercial customers

Sky Sports customers were on Tuesday night given permission to “pause” their subscription during the coronavirus crisis after the company agreed to stop billing pubs and clubs until a live sport schedule returned.

The move immediately piled pressure on BT to follow suit for its own sports channel subscribers after it announced a two-week suspension of charges for its commercial customers.

While not giving an automatic rebate for armchair sports channel subscribers, Sky offered them the choice of temporarily pausing the service.

A message on its website read: “While we expect that many of the recently postponed sports events will eventually go ahead, if you wish to pause your sports subscription in the meantime you will not be charged a fee to do so

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Easier said than done. I've wasted ages trying to contact nowtv and eventually found a chat button but it doesn't work. I tracked down an automated phone number which goes on to eventually tell me to go online. How do I contact nowtv to pause my subscription as it was bought to watch the premier league and will probably run out before the end now.

starman73
Elite

How do I contact nowtv to pause my subscription as it was bought to watch the premier league and will probably run out before the end now.

Just cancel it.  Only if you have paid up front for 3,9 or 10 months would you need to pause it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi
 I quite agree that is why I'v been asking  them to suspend my pass till sport resumes I not looking for a refund , but its  seem there very reluctant to do so, they have got our monies and they don't care about customer. They don't seem to understand they will  need customer after this crises is over, they way responding to this situation dose not give a good  impression of there company. Like you I bought a 10 months pass and mine runs out June . But we do have have the power to vote with our money and use other provider.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll never pay now tv a penny ever again. Disgusted with their behaviour. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me neither, nor sky in general, as they own now tv.

I suggest everyone sends a message via this forum and other means to sky/now and let them know how we feel....

MKMale
Mentor

s anyone heard of how to?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bt sport will give refunds on a month by month basis . Simply chat on line or ring.

Tinks57
Advocate

Does anyone know if we can suspend our NOW TV Sky Sports, Sky are allowing their customer to suspend their sports accounts. I have a 12 month contract which doesn’t expire until August. I do not feel I should pay for a non service? Any ideas?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tinks57 

This has been discussed literally to death across the forum. The only way you stand any change of a refund or free pass is by contacting Now TV directly and not through the customer forum. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, Now TV need to do the same as other suppliers and suspend sports packages until live sports get reinstated. I have tried to contact to discuss as I am in the same as others on this forum (i.e. have committed to contract period) but there is simply no way to get in touch, their chat function is disabled and not accepting emails, call centre directs you back to website. Really needs to be addressed...

starman73
Elite

I have a 12 month contract which doesn’t expire until August.

There are no contracts with Now TV.  

There are two options 

1. If you pay month by month, cancel.
  2. if you have paid up front, cross your fingers and hope Now TV do something good when they get back on chat.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for that .  Any agreement or arrangement is deemed a  'contract'

starman73
Elite

Ok, being pedantic.  You don’t have a contract term with Now TV. You have a contract term with Virgin or Sky or BT.  You can cancel at any time with no penalty.  There is nothing binding nor enforceable by law when you cancel.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rubbish. When you purchase anything from anybody you are entering in to a contract, even if not formally written. If somebody sold you a microwave, and it turned out to be a kettle, that's a breach of contract.

I was sold 10 months of live sports. I've only had 7 of those. That's a breach of contract.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/part/1/chapter/3/crossheading/what-statutory-rights-are-...

36: Digital content to be as described

(1) Every contract to supply digital content is to be treated as including a term that the digital content will match any description of it given by the trader to the consumer.

(4) A change to any of that information, made before entering into the contract or later, is not effective unless expressly agreed between the consumer and the trader.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes as they get charged by Sky Sports for offering the service

Also if you are a good customer with NOW TV and you have reduced costs for Sports TV.... You will lose all the benefits if you cancel rather than suspend and have to pay the full cost when sports came back.

They should offer a pause option, as do Virgin, BT and Sky

Anonymous User
Not applicable

April 1st 2020 : The massive revenues to nowtv and absolutely no contact available . I wanted  to temporarily suspend my sports pass , I  have no other passes . It must be breach of contract if there is no live sport to watch , yet still we make payments ? 

If we are honoure/re-imbursed for the months of payment with no sport that will be fine , and maybe access to other passes, like films ? 

If I can post this message , then all the staff that work at nowtv can do the same can't they ? , where is the customer service I ask ? Will any staff post updates and maybe customer options/settlements , or will nowtv just sit back and take our payments ? 

starman73
Elite

It must be breach of contract if there is no live sport to watch , yet still we make payments ?

How can it be breach of contract as there are no contracts with Now TV? Why don’t you cancel sports immediately?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m not going to renew with the Now TV daylight robbing you-know-whats

thats the only way