cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

SPORTS WEEKLY PASS

Im disappointed, but not surprised, the weekly pass has gone for sports. 

So now, if i want to watch F1 i have to pay £9.99 TWICE to see both Qualifying and the Race.

Thats £20 if not every weekend, but fortnightly just to see one event. Weekly pass was cheaper than this and that was for the week!!

So my choice is £20 every weekend its on or £33/month to get other stuff I dont want to watch (eg. lower league footy, golf, cricket etc) in between 2 race events.

Thanks Sky  

31 Replies
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not sure why Now TV has removed the weekly pass, just a decision made by Sky/NowTV. 

One thing you can bet on is if you get a monthly pass you are usually gaurenteed to get constant offers on them when you go to "cancel".

Currently I am paying £20 a month until December. 

Worth looking for deals on the month pass. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
cmjr
Mentor

I have just cancelled the monthly pass, expected an offer...but none.  I can't even find a good deal on monthly passes right now anywhere else.  Oh well, I'll do without until something I really want to watch comes around.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why on earth have Now TV stopped offering the week sports pass? When a day pass or a week pass were on offer I not only made use of them but also recommended Now TV to friends. I have no intention of taking out a monthly sub or paying for several day passes, and will no longer recommend the company.

starman73
Expert 3

Why on earth have Now TV stopped offering the week sports pass? When a day pass or a week pass were on offer I not only made use of them but also recommended Now TV to friends

@Anonymous User Totally agree. So many events like test cricket, F1, golf and this week’s nations league are ideally suited to a week pass. Even a weekend’s football was better with a week pass and if you were lucky your team might bookend the week and have a midweek game.  With all premier league games on I am not so bothered right now and will use the month passes, but the week pass was far better value and use than the day pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you want to watch a three day darts tournament or other weekend sport event and the option is now a daily pass or a monthly pass, it is quite clear why Sky/Now TV have done this. How utterly immoral this is during lockdown when people have lost their jobs and are at home feeling worried and bored. Disgusting greed. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

...it is quite clear why Sky/Now TV have done this

I don’t think it is.  Surely better to sell a week pass for £15 for those who want to watch a test match, a golf tournament, football internationals or anything else that is done and dusted in a week.  So unless the take up was particularly low, it makes little sense to scrap it.

FWIW I find the day pass next to useless these days with football matches spanning Friday - Monday.  Lucky to get 2 in a 24 hour period.  I have 3 day passes to use.  May squeeze them in between monthly passes at some point.  

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

One thing that is worth doing before deciding on buying a month pass is to check ahead.  With darts there was World Cup over last 4 days and grand slam coming up later this month (Mon 16th Nov -Tue 24th Nov)

https://www.skysports.com/watch/darts-on-sky

Willthiswork
Mentor

I'm confused over this issue as I'm still using a sports week pass , but I have seen the message that is has been removed . I use gift vouchers which are still available at Tesco's and WH.Smith for £10  as opposed to buying from nowtv which is/was £14.99  . I did have an issue activating my recent pass which nowtv put down to "high activation demand" , but I was so pleased it activated on lap 19 of the F1 ... 

The nowtv " expert " informed me these vouchers are still live 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Possible the sports weekly vouchers still work. You can apply them here https://account.nowtv.com/passes/apply-voucher

and still on sale here

https://business.currys.co.uk/catalogue/tv-entertainment/audio/accessories/now-tv-sky-sports-pass-1-...

suggest you keep the receipt if you buy them.

CRAG12
Advocate

Disgusted with the removal of the weekly pass. Will never use them again. Shame on you sky always grabbing as much money you can

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@CRAG12 

Completey agree,I have 7 weekly gift card vouchers still to use and I hope they are still valid,but will not know till next month when my special offer month pass expires  I think they discontinued the weekly pass due to Covid 19, so they can sell more day passes at a ridiculous price of £9:99 compared to £10:00 for a weekly voucher purchased from Curry's which are now out of stock!!!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Duncaw67 

When you apply your one week sports voucher codes, try using this link page below which is a dedicated link for one week sports pass vouchers.

https://account.nowtv.com/passes/buy-single-with-voucher/sports/SPORTS_PASS_WEEK/apply-voucher 

Any problems get in touch with live chat.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with a lot of the earlier comments - came in to buy a pass for a week to watch the Masters, but certainly don't want to pay for a month.  Poor show, NowTV, and another customer you've just lost.

Kielty
Advocate

You can still get a weekly sports pass if you use the Now TV app via an Apple TV. You are still able to purchase a weekly pass via your iTunes account at £14.99

Totally agree with other comments, this is a pain as I only want to watch the Masters.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

You can still get a weekly sports pass if you use the Now TV app via an Apple TV. You are still able to purchase a weekly pass via your iTunes account at £14.99

That’s interesting, does it apply the pass directly to your account? Or do you get a code?

Kielty
Advocate

it applies a pass directly to your NowTV account with the ability to manage it via the App Store.

Good to know its currently still there assuming you use an Apple TV..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with the posts from fellow golfers - great disappointment that I cannot buy a week pass and I am not prepared to pay for a month pass that I then have to cancel. It feels like an underhand marketing ploy. I have previously recommended Now TV but won’t be doing in the future. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where’s my weekly pass gone!!

I used this to watch the masters. Test matches , long weekends of football. Why do I suddenly have to pay more for a MONTH? 
Sky cashing in during lockdown? Shame on you 

bye