cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free pass

I got an email telling me that because I had bought a day pass, I was being given a free 5-month pass. Good news! Tried to watch something but all I get is a message telling me that i need a pass!!!  

is the so called offer just a waste of time?

1 Solution
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep iPhone only, where the iPad is classed has a Tablet and won't work where it will pop up a message on the iPad to buy a pass 😡.

Also beware you can't cast from your iPhone to a TV screen with a Mobile Sports pass when viewing one of the five sports channels where you need to watch on the smartphone inbuilt screen only.

More information in this guide article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-week-month-pass 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

According to the T&Cs of the deal offer it could take up to 10 days before the 5 months free mobile sports pass is automatically applied to your account.

When you go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here is there anything showing for a Mobile Pass ?

If so, are you using a smartphone (tablets not permitted) and attempting to watch one of the five Sky Sports Channels that is allowed with a Mobile Sports pass which is Premier League, Action, Arena, Racing or News ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I didn’t realise that the offer was so restricted which probably
explains it. The voucher is showing up on the app

Are you saying that I can watch on my phone but not on my iPad?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep iPhone only, where the iPad is classed has a Tablet and won't work where it will pop up a message on the iPad to buy a pass 😡.

Also beware you can't cast from your iPhone to a TV screen with a Mobile Sports pass when viewing one of the five sports channels where you need to watch on the smartphone inbuilt screen only.

More information in this guide article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-week-month-pass 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So just to confirm this offer doesn't work with Android phone? 

That was not specified anywhere in the communications

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The mobile sports pass should work on the majority of Android smartphones, but will not work on an Android Tablet.

If you are having issues with your mobile sports pass and read the information in this thread, then pop over to live chat for further help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live chat doesn't lead anywhere at all, just some robot that can't answer questions 

Can I have a link to live chat, with a human?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try this link below to access live chat.

When you open the link, click on the small blue arrow directly underneath How to Get in Touch to reveal the green chat button to click on.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/problems-watching-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem but sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Last night I watched first half of match. Then opened up again for second half. It did not work. I deleted app, reinstalled app, restarted iphone. Still did not work. Repeated the whole thing and then it worked for the last 20 minutes of game.

This morning I tried again and it failed again.

I reset password and no improvement.

Logged in to Nowtv on a iMac and checked the account. It said the mobile pass was cancelled. I restarted the pass. It said pass was live.

It still does not work on iPhone.

Its mad.