cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saint1976
Elite 2

Re: F1 season pass 2021

@machinesteve while I appreciate some people only want to watch the F1, the £33 a month is for 11 channels of sport not one.

As for comparing NowTV with Amazon and Netflix, this comes up all the time.

Netflix don't show live content let alone live sport so no comparison.

Amazon Prime Video has very little in the way of live sport in comparison to NowTv. They also have in excess of 100 million subscribers and with all the other business interests Amazon has, they can afford to offer things at a much lower price. You'll also notice Amazon charges extra for add on channels (they've just purchased the rights to La Liga TV and charge £7 a month extra for it) so you can easily go from £8 a month to £30+ a month.

0 Thanks
machinesteve
Mentor

Good for Sky and it's 10 channels of sport I have no interest in watching. You can defend all you want but Sky/Now have a doomed economic model that is becoming too expensive for hundreds of thousands of previous customers. F1 audiences are massively down.

starman73
Expert 3

current offer...

Save over 25%: Compared to standard Sky Sports Month Pass price (£33.99pm). Sky Sports Month Pass £25 a month for 3 months: Offer ends 08/03/2021. When offer period ends, Sky Sports Month Pass auto-renews at £33.99 unless cancelled. You can cancel anytime. Offer not available to customers with an active Sky Sports Month Pass, unless you are in the last 30 days of your current offer. Offer lost if you cancel your Sky Sports Month Pass before the last month of the offer period

i suspect the current multiple pass offering from Now TV is doomed.  Entertainment just about holds it own with Amazon, Netflix and Disney, but due to lack of new movies Cinema is not particularly compelling.  They should be combined.

Sport has a nice monopoly on certain events and enthusiasts like me will pay for the passes even if it’s just to watch a hurling game during the summer.

The good thing for F1 fans is they have a 24/7 channel for their money and don’t have to get any other subscriptions.  I pay for a GAA dedicated channel (GAAGO) but still have to pay for the odd exclusive game on Sky.  Football is worse having three different providers.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@machinesteve 

Sky has made it clear that they only seem to care about the EPL when it comes to their sport channels. 

For a brief period I recall Sky allowing TV customers to pick the channels they want for sports. 

For those who only have interest in Golf, will have to put up with the other channels they have zero interest in. So its not just F1 fans. 

That being said, I don't have a sports pass and don't see me getting one again anytime soon. 

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

Maybe I am odd but I do like Sky Sports if anything BT Sports has made it worse and more expensive for the U.K. . As for me I have to subscribe to both platforms to watch the Sports I enjoy and yes Premier League is the focus of both platforms but then you can’t blame them it is the most popular sport in the U.K. I don’t enjoy but I don’t blame people who do. 

If anything I find the normal price of the entertainment pass and the movies one more expensive then the sports one. I pay more for my mobile phone contract then I do sports. £34 a month is not a lot of money. 

0 Thanks
F1TVUK
Advocate

Just had a look, still no offers.

Whats actually really ticking me off with this now is that I only learned a few days ago of the price which people in the US pay for F1 TV, the official Formula 1 stream.  For $90 a year! They have access to all live races, live timings and driver tracker etc plus archive races.  F1 TV in UK only has archive and timings.

Our only options are a Sky subscription, or Now TV sports pass which is £10...per day! or £33 per month.  It’s actually daylight robbery how much we in the UK have to pay for the very same stream that F1 TV has.  If they’re telling us we’re paying for Crofty, Brundle & co then I can skip that...as long as I can watch F1 live for FP, Qualy and Race.

I understand F1 wants to gain a larger audience in the US, but they shouldn’t be doing it at the expense of its loyal UK fan base who have been watching the sport for years!!

Kenjara
Mentor

I am also waiting for any sign of an offer. If there is one it always seems to be last minute after the testing.

If there isn't one I will be skipping it and finding alternative means.

I agree that thanks to Bernie and Sky's deal we are the ones getting shafted while the rest of the world gets to watch F1 for a much better price.

Also given the cost I am not a fan of Sky double dipping with ads on pay TV.

I have zero interest in the other Sky Sports channels.

NowTJ
Advocate

@Kenjara 

With you on all your points.

The Bernie deal and lock in to Sky for so long in UK and Ireland is a real PITA.

I have zero interest in other sports - if I could sign up to F1 Pro to just watch this single sport I would - are you listening Liberty Media?

At least I won't have to put up with the facile Sky1Sports F1 commentators (Ex Drivers excluded here).

TJ

James_0807
Scholar

@F1TVUK

Wow.... okay that is insane. Just checked myself and it seems to be $80 for the year F1 TV Pro in the US if you pay upfront!!! That's £57 right now... for the entire season! That's less than 2 months of sky sports on now tv.

This is completely unacceptable.

Is there any way to access F1 TV pro in the UK? Perhaps a VPN? Almost worth a shot just to check if it works at $10 a month (the monthly price is slightly higher).

SweetBlitz
Expert 2

@James_0807 You can get it all with VPN, probably even get it all for nothing.  The price of Sports in UK is outrageous and it's less than you get elsewhere.  When I was in France I got ALL the Premier League games for €9.99/month with full re-runs after the final whistle.  It is £34 rack price in UK and the re-runs take 48 hours to appear and you don't get all the games either as some are on BT, BBC and Amazon.