cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Error code 20002

Watching cricket on laptop connected to tv on day pass. Keeo getting logged out, constant buffering. Having to shut down, log back in, clear history ( was stuck in a mcdonalds ad loop). It is NOT my system.  NOWTV  have technical issues which they are not addressing. I am now taking legal action under consumer protection laws as consumers,are being mislead!

0 Thanks
26 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Error code 20002

Highlighted
Mentor

Tell me about it!    NowTV has started logging me out every 40 minutes.  I only watch football, so you can imagine, it's a nightmare. 

The help tells me to simply log back in.  How is that a solution?  This is an error I've only started getting this weekend, did they change something in the setup?  Why is it disconnecting so often?  What's going on?

Anyone know?  Being told to login again is no solution.  I'm missing the game!

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DaveW 

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the Player?

You can also head onto Live chat to see what they can do. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I didn't try to uninstall the player.  I will do, though.  The issue only started this weekend, but it has that feeling of a problem that isn't going to go away easily.  Either way, since it won't stay logged in for an entire half of football, you can imagine I'm less than impressed.

I won't have anything more to watch until midweek, so we'll see.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I'm having the same issue with the NowTV player. I've noticed this issue for quite a few months now. I've uninstalled the player but that did not fix the issue. I use the Nowtv player on a windows laptop and a Macbook. One thing that I have noticed is this is an issue on my Macbook only. The NowTV app on my windows machine seems to work fine. 

Highlighted
Advocate

I’m having the exact same issue. Started happening last week. Really annoying, paying ~ £30 for a month pass and then getting kicked off with a 20002 error 4-5 times in a football game is not the service I expect. Very dissatisfied customer. Raised a complaint but all I got back was a series of questions which won’t solve the issue. No apology either.

1. On which device are you getting this error code? Laptop

2. Did you try watching on other supported devices? No (I shouldn’t have to)

3. What steps have you tried so far to fix the issue? Re-set router and raised a complaint.

Sort it out Now TV! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

They've clearly changed something.  Multiple people are having the exact same issue.  Different devices, different Operating Systems.  You search the web site for help, and you get taken to the Help Page.  It's answer?  Log in again.  Erm....   yeah....   and, as I did this weekend, miss a goal....

Log on here, and a robot comes along and....   refers you to the very same Help Page with the very same response - which is, indeed, inadequate.

I will uninstall the player, and then reinstall it.  But you know what, it won't fix it.  It simply feels as though the cookie is expiring, and logging us off.  No real help thus far.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Add another very unhappy punter to the list. Same issue, same outcome. Tried everything to resolve this issue. I will be heading off to BT at the weekend, these people clearly have no intention of fixing things. They are either clueless on how to fix it, or can't be bothered. Either way it's not good enough.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Same here, watching Cricket and Football recently and keeps kicking me out with 20002 , very annoying and missing key moments...if this carries on will cancel, I shouldn't be missing parts of the game by logging back on!!!!

0 Thanks