cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: BT sport

They updated the app last night on my plusnet youview TV box and it's allowing all passes now and in full hd 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

Sorry don't know the answer perhaps a BT customer who has signed up to the various packages can confirm.

Apart from the live record with a 7 day EPG which would have been an extremely useful feature to have (especially for sports).

Where i am more than happy using my NowTV Cinema, Entertainment, Sports Passes, together with the HD Boost from various sources at discounted prices to watch three streams on up to six registered devices on my account.

All i would like to see now rolled out on the NowTV service sometime soon is the remaining eight Sky Sports channels getting the 50fps PQ treatment, a red button sports service, a 7 day sports catchup service and maybe a BT Sports App on my NowTV & Roku branded devices then i will be an happy NowTV customer 😀😀😀.

Highlighted
Elite

@schnapps 

Spot on, sports catch up and red button are and should be no brainers. God knows why 50fps was not standard across all devices and channels?

Is 50fps standard across all channels on BT YouView? Probably not....

Personally I would like to see Now TV pick up more channels, taking a look at the BT "classic package" then those channels not part of the Now TV lineup should be added to the Entertainment pass. 

Its still begs the question, BT sport on Now TV. We know Ireland has a BT sport pass which is purchasable and watched within the Now TV app. 

My assumption is that for Now TV there will be the same here in the UK, but surely a BT Sport app needs to be launched to Roku devices that are not Now TV stick/boxes?

More to the question when will BT sport be launched across other Smart TVs?

Either way, all improvements and overdue and late improvements finally come. Still far too much left to do do truly improve Now TV to a fantastic standard. 

Highlighted
Advocate

Just can't see how difficult it is for Sky to put a BT Sports App on their Nowtv service like they do in ireland. The amount of money they must be missing out on in subscription is mind boggling . So so so disappointing.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Elite

@Ben10 

Without giving too much away, I believe this is most definitely in the works. That being said I am not part of any trial for this, I am only aware it is happening, but personally do not know when. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

This help article has just been added to the NowTV Help Centre about BT customers with the NowTV bolt on package purchased directly from BT.

Where it looks like it's six registered devices with two streams standard or a third stream with Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support 

Highlighted
Advocate

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Just published this morning,  at least we are still in their thoughts.

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.mirror.co.uk/money/shopping-deals/sky-launch-tv-...

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Elite

@Ben10 

Indeed. From the article 

NOW TV customers will also soon be able to enjoy BT Sport on their NOW TV Smart Stick or NOW TV Smart Box with Voice Search, when the BT Sport app launches in the app store later this spring.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Spring ends on Saturday 20th June so they won't be in any rush. BT has got the jump on SKY again
0 Thanks