cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken242
Expert

Re: BT sport

i cart see the bt sports on now tv not till now tv will give all  channel will be addy to to bt on the now tv app so when bt get the fall now tv you will see bt sport then will be addy too now tv 

0 Thanks

Hello Is this the BT sport available now ?

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Elite

@Wilsonagolf123 

No not until December if we are lucky. More likely to be next year. 

However it is up to Sky/BT to make an official announcement for launch.

0 Thanks

This page https://www.sky.com/help/articles/get-bt-sport-on-sky now says 'early 2020', although the FAQs below it still says 2019.

gavs82008
Elite

@robert1997 

This news isn't really surprising considering the trials for HD don't seem to be ending anytime soon. 

Although from what I gather there is a new BT box being launched next year. Perhaps this has allowed Sky/BT to delay the official upgrade of Now TV so both ban be done at the same time?

ken242
Expert

bt might not have chamions league for long as itv and sky have got together to put bid in on monday for the rights to get the chamions football for the next arund so bt got stiff competion from itv and sky .

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

I can see that BT Sport are offering a non contract service supported on various devices (unfortunately no nowtv or Roku devices are on the list from what i can see) where they will be charging £25 for the privilege (though you do get 4K HDR device permitted).

I am guessing it's only one stream per account ?

More information in this link below which was released today.

https://sport.bt.com/news/bt-sport-launches-monthly-pass-to-give-fans-more-ways-to-watch-than-ever-b... 

https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass?s_intcid=con_BTSportPortal_Content_Monthly_Pass_PR 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Elite

@schnapps 

This pass is more or less replicating the BT sport add on for EE customers. Which I have taken advantage a few times. 

I can confirm that you can register up to 4 devices and watch 2 at the same time. 

Funnily enough a few days ago I received an email from BT trials asking to be part of additional trials for BT Sport. Part of the email mentioned that Now TV was ongoing, so I am guessing it hasn't finished, maybe next year.

But what struck me is that no mention of Roku only Now TV devices, a shame because BT Sport on Roku would make a great addition to the lineup.  

Enapace
Mentor

The EE addon if you have one of there higher packages works out cheaper then £25 tho.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Elite

@Enapace 

I have a very standard EE account, 30GB data and the usual EU roaming. 

To get the BT Sport add-on for "free" you would need to have the Smart SIM plan to get BT sport as an option for a swappable benefit, even then it is £5 on top of that for big screen use. 

Whereas on the standard plans it is straight forward £15 a month. 

That being said not everyone will have an EE sim contract of course. 

But yes I agree if you have an EE sim you can get it far cheaper than £25 a month. Either way, far better value for money than Now TV Sports, which has no catch up content, not all channels are 50fps. For big screen use BT have done fantastically well since launching about a year ago and Now TV has been around for what seems forever with almost no improvements.......

0 Thanks