cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chezlaaa
Advocate

BT Sport - Any News?

Is there any update on when we will be able to get BT Sport on Now TV?  I want to switch from BT to another provider but don't want to lose BT Sport.  The last messages I saw on here went back to February 2019 with a potential launch date of June/July for BT Sport on Now TV.  Let's hope it's good news ...... 

30 Replies
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Ah yes thanks for that, I tried to say previously YouView only had on-demand movies, whereas now they have both Live and on-demand. Didn't help that I worded it badly! (And that was me bashing at someone else for wording haha)

Although with you saying that both Live and on-demand are in 1080p via YouView, wonder if this mean the rest of the devices have been updated to 1080p also?

Might have to put that to the test later on with my Samsung TV, as you are aware I have been taking part of the trial on the Now TV stick so I know what to compare it with 😊

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Just found the comment you might have spotted on the BT fourm.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/now-tv-app/m-p/1969442#M52270

the story here was that a standard definition service (and the on demand titles are still SD), is now allowing you to watch live in 1080p HD.

Even I have to get excited about this, it could very well be the trial is almost over and the implementation is around the corner?

ken242
Expert

so that wy i was watching a film on the now tv app with all 11 moves channls live on my bt box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I'm quietly hopeful that if the movies work as planned then the rest will follow. The only thing that will sway me back to sports is if it's 1080p/50fps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately I tried to get a new about but any, the best guess is use BT Sports App by phone, Xbox/PlayStation or google  chrome cast, so in these cases you can watch on TV.  Unbelievable!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They’ve been promising full now tv for over a year and this is part of the deal between BT sport and sky. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is BT sport coming to now tv ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Good question, an answer we are waiting for Sky/BT to tell us when.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT sport is on nowtv in Ireland how long to cross the Irish sea

Timw2019
Mentor

It was probably on that ghost ship that appeared on the rocks after storm Dennis, see if storm Ellen can bring it any closer because this has been talked about for a year now and still nothing has happened.